Has this site suddenly become more nasty?

Page 11 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Eloa wrote:
Nick22 wrote:
Eloa wrote:
, but my male cat can do tour en l'air, which is jumping straight up and do one or more turns around the body axis.
He does it when I play with him with a string, and he is very good at single to single-and-a-half tour en l'air.

That's impressive Eloa, did you have to train him to do it?

No, it evolved naturally playing with him.
He is always playing very physically and wild with jumping in the air and rolling on the floor.
He also brings the toy he wants to play with to me.
This I also did not train him, one day he just came with his string and put it in front of my feet, and since then he always does it with toys.

He trained YOU! :D

He's both Barishnokov, and Balanchine!

What did he train me?
To me he is more like young Nurejew, wild and no clean technique, but able to do most complicated and great things.
:compress:

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 6:17 pm

Why is there a square around the smilie?
In the old forum there was no square around smilies.
I don't like a square around a smilie.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

Ganondox wrote:
noodler wrote:
olympiadis wrote:
The psychopath forum may be less huggy and supportive.
I mean it might seem huggy and supportive at first, but you know they don't really mean it.

Still looking for the "psychopath" forum. If you mean the Bipolar, tourettes, ect. forum, then you are all being extremely condescending to these people by referring to them as psychopaths. And how do you know if they really mean it or not? Maybe alex should step in here and give you a repremanding as was stated he did in another thread. But I'm not going to report you people. However, if you're the ones getting your feelings hurt, you should reflect on your own comments.

Pretty sure this is a joke.

What I meant to say is that I didn't think joking was allowed on here if it is derogatory towards other members of the community. I would have just edited my previous post, but I no longer have the ability to do so. I see others editing their posts. Weird. More hocus pocus behind the scenes stuff with my account?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 6:57 pm

noodler wrote:
olympiadis wrote:

I've never actually been to it myself, but have heard some things about it.
You should know that it's just another neurotype and not derogatory just as referencing an autistic forum is not derogatory. It's just a fact that they can't experience many emotions, and would tend to be less "huggy wuggy" as was mentioned in another post. I didn't intend anything "nasty".

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm

olympiadis wrote:
noodler wrote:
olympiadis wrote:

I've never actually been to it myself, but have heard some things about it.
You should know that it's just another neurotype and not derogatory just as referencing an autistic forum is not derogatory. It's just a fact that they can't experience many emotions, and would tend to be less "huggy wuggy" as was mentioned in another post. I didn't intend anything "nasty".

Cool. Thanks for the response.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm

After checking out PPR and love/dating for a week, I don't understand why people say that those forums are nasty. They seem like normal discussion to me.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 3:10 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
After checking out PPR and love/dating for a week, I don't understand why people say that those forums are nasty. They seem like normal discussion to me.

They've been fairly tame recently, with the exception of the gun thread in PPR, but really they do have an exaggerated reputation due to a handful of people who can't handle them and are loud about that fact. L&D only really gets nasty when the mix of whiny men to feminists hits a certain concentration and the accusations of sexism and feminazim start flying, though the mods have been making an effort to move those threads to PPR recently, where as PPR really is quite tame for the most part, as there is a clear line that you are not allowed to cross (name calling, personal insults, etc) that keeps it relatively civil. What people can't handle about PPR is that not only will their opinions be challenged, often strongly, but their base assumptions as well, and that really shakes up certain people, as to them it's tantamount to an attack on their identity. Half or more of my posts in PPR, which is my primary forum here, are variations on the question 'why', as in 'why do you think that, with evidence', and I think a lot of people really are not used to that, at least judging from some of the reactions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 6:18 pm

This is still a huggy-huggy site!

Wanna make something of it? :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 8:40 pm

I can't believe there is 12 pages dedicated to this?