Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 8:07 am

I have a very high IQ but I am also severely disabled with various things as well as autism. I am trying to get local council support from the local Autism Services, but I'm really worried that because I scored 160 on an official IQ test, they won't believe that I am severely disabled as they'll think "she should be clever enough to solve her own problems".

Is this true?

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

Unfortunately, yes. I've heard of people being denied services based on high IQ.

My advice is to check the policies carefully to make sure they don't have an IQ cutoff (some services require you have IQ less than 70-75). If they don't have that requirement, but try to refuse you services based on your IQ, insist on getting it in writing. Then tell them you'll be seeking legal representation.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 3:03 pm

I would hope that nowadays people know that you can still be very disabled with a high IQ.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.