Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

alanaargh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2015, 5:08 pm

Does anyone here have bad mood swings? I have terrible mood swings, I can get angry instantly and then be happy again in about 30 minutes. I find it exhaustive, I can't always keep up with myself which makes it harder to work out how I feel and why I have these mood fluctuations. I also think a contributing factor may be my age as I am 17, but I definitely think it's more to do with maybe being autistic rather than age. What are everyone else's thoughts and experiences?

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

I can go from calm and relaxed to totally stressed out and panicky in a matter of seconds, when confronted with a sudden change, but then, even if the matter is resolved it will leave me jittery and cranky the rest of the day, and much more likely to succumb to depression. But happy to unhappy and back again, no, that never happens to me, but then actual happiness is pretty elusive on the whole.

alanaargh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm

Sudden change can make me angry, whether it be trivial or not. Or little things that bother me and cause me to feel stress, for example when I walked in to one of my classes a couple of months ago and sat down, the sun was shining right on my face and I felt so agitated and angry that I had to leave the class and it took me the rest of the hour to calm down. Once I was calm again I was pretty much fine (ish, it can vary depending on the situation).

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm

Yes definitely, I always have to practice trying to keep a level head because if I don't take care it isn't so good. I thought it was a teenage thing too but I guess not. Thankfully though I don't have mood swings as intensely and not for as long and sometimes I can calm down.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.