Did anyone else not have a favourite colour until asked?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RoseDuste
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Apr 2015, 3:56 am

Or other things that kids apparently all thought about?

I can't remember being aware of having a favourite colour until age 9, when all the girls asked everyone what their favourite colour was. I thought, “What is my favourite colour?” Guess I never really thought about it before. They all liked pink and purple, so I went with yellow. Since then it’s been magenta, lavender, baby pink, rose pink, violet, plum, and is currently an orchid purple.

I also didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up. I remember that same year we had to make a paperdoll of ourselves wearing the uniform for the career of our dreams. I had absolutely no idea, so I just copied what my friend was doing, exactly, even though I didn't want to be a maid. (I liked that ours matched though. I've always had a thing about identical twins.) In year 7 we had to write it down, so I picked singer or florist, because my grandma once saw me arranging leaves in a pattern and her and my mother then talked about me being a florist.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Apr 2015, 4:31 am

I always considered green my favorite color as long as I can remember, I think because I likened it with dinosaurs and reptiles which were a pretty intense special interest of mine as a child. Also the Green Power Ranger was the coolest :P

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2015, 5:19 am

I didn't and still don't have a favourite colour. The question is meaningless to me.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:41 am

I knew I liked green even when I was little. I thought green was a special color for everyone.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 6:03 am

I don't have a favorite color. Never have. I always say green or blue when asked because I'm expected to have an answer and those are safe choices, but I don't actually have a favorite. They're just colors, there's something to appreciate about each one.

greengirl27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2015, 6:21 am

I agree with lots you said in your post Rose Duste (including a fascination with identical twins!)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm

Not everyone has a favourite colour. Most people seem to like blue, though.

When I was little (roughly aged between 2 and 6), my favourite colour was pink because I suppose it was common in girls to like pink. Then I suddenly became attracted to yellow, and if there was a choice of picking an object from a set of all different colours, I would always choose the yellow one. I just loved yellow because it felt bright and cheerful. Then as I got to a teenager I switched to black. I thought black was very interesting, and I still do now. But now my favourite colour is green, and I think it should stay that way. Green feels positive, and also it reminds me of springtime, and I love the spring.

But I do love all the colours. Red is nice, although I don't like red lights much because it usually indicates slow-moving traffic; red traffic lights, red brake lights on the back of cars, etc, :lol: .Blue is nice too, but there are lots of different types of blue. Blue feels like a cold colour to me, reminds me of winter. I love orange as well. Orange doesn't get mentioned often, so I thought I'd choose that my second favourite.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2015, 5:45 pm

When I was a kid, I always said my favorite color was red. I don't really have one, though. Honestly, I really can't pinpoint a single "favorite" anything.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2015, 1:55 am

I never had a favorite color but I have some colorblindness. I also never knew what I wanted to do with my life & still didn't know when I graduated high-school; I just knew I didn't want to go to college.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:04 pm

No, I've had a fave color as far back as I can remember.
First it was blue, then yellow because it was my grandfather's fave color, then blue again, then green (still is).

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

My favorite color is green.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

As a child I was quite fond of green. I don't know that I have one now. I think it is a case by cases basis.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 10:57 pm

I've always had a thing for blue. Especially any kind of blue lights.

Pieter2001
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2015, 4:09 am

Why would you have a favorite color. Is there a difference between bleu and red apart from the wavelength?

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2015, 5:31 am

Pieter2001 wrote:
Why would you have a favorite color. Is there a difference between bleu and red apart from the wavelength?

Different tastes in aesthetics.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:54 am

Pieter2001 wrote:

There is the influence that colour has on the psyche...

Quote:
Color psychology is the study of color as a determinant of human behavior. Color influences perceptions that are not obvious, such as the taste of food. Colors can also work as placebos by having the color of pills be certain colors to influence how a person feels after taking them. For example, red or orange pills are generally used as stimulants. Another way in which colors have been used to influence behavior was, in 2000, when the company Glasgow installed blue street lights in certain neighborhoods which resulted in a reduced crime rate. Color can indeed influence a person, however it is important to remember that these effects differ between people. Factors such as gender, age, and culture can influence how an individual perceives color. For example, males reported that red colored outfits made women seem more attractive, while women answered that the color of a male's outfit did not affect his attractiveness.

Color psychology is also widely used in marketing and branding. Many marketers see color as an important part of marketing because color can be used to influence consumers' emotions and perceptions of goods and services.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_psychology

Don't have a favourite colour and if I HAVE to pick one I would say orange.
I've noticed I have a dislike for supermarkets that use yellows or greens in their logo and around the store. No idea why other than green relaxes me and I find grocery shopping a tedious chore on any given day.