Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Owl123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2015, 8:20 pm

I'm a female and since I was a kid I am a cry baby. I would often uncontrollably burst into tears even in public if I am angry, hurt(physically or emotionally), knowing someone died, etc. Like just recently, when I was scolded by my Prof. around my classmates because I got his verbal instruction in an exam wrong and he thought I was cheating, so I cried while he's having lecture.

I really feel bad until now, and I have a lot of thoughts in my mind. I couldn't completely tell the mixture of my emotions from, anger, hurt, or sadness. Because I'm blaming again my poor understanding of verbal instructions. I feel like a wrong piece of puzzle, whilst people can never understand me. I was placed in a wrong course and I curse myself whenever people criticize me for being different. Most might even think I'm just barely stupid and wrongful because I'd often do things differently not what my NT classmates are doing.

If only I can fix my dear broken self and be normal in this world. -_-"

Last edited by Owl123 on 16 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm

I would cry (probably inside) if a professor falsely thought I was cheating.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:49 am

I'm an emotional aspie! We do exist; interestingly, I've just watched a TV documentary about autistic girls at a school dedicated to females on the spectrum. The staff seemed knowledgeable and informed, going by various things they talked about. One of their comments was that girls on the spectrum can tend to be more emotional than the "boy" model of autism and Asperger's.

Not all girls of course, there's no universal "all" in autism, but I gather it's been observed that there are and can be emotional Aspies and females will tend to make up a larger segment of that sub-segment.

I'm sensitive to sad events such as death, I'm a cryer (not for every little thing, just when something big is affecting my emotions), and I take things on-board very sensitively.

Last edited by BirdInFlight on 17 Jul 2015, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:51 am

Just because you're Aspie doesn't mean you can't experience emotions.

Even people who are classically autistic could experience emotions.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:34 am

I think there's a perception, though, that it's not so much someone thinking that people with autism or Asperger's don't have emotions, but more that some find it harder to express them externally. There is a type of aspie who finds it easy to be very restrained emotionally and who doesn't cry or get outwardly emotional about many things, even if they do feel a lot inside of themselves.

I imagine this thread is more about the outwardly expressive emotional aspies who do cry easily and find it less easy to hold everything in and look stoic on the outside.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:38 am

I get what you mean.

It seems as if you're feeling better today.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:20 am

I do feel a little better today yes, thanks kraftie!

I've managed to catch up and get a few things done from yesterday. I think I went into a down place from something that didn't go as well as usual in my day earlier, and I got into a sad place from that. Coming out again now though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:29 am

Yep, alas, Life does go in cycles!

Our task is to navigate those cycles.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:38 am

Good days, bad days, yep.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:59 am

I'm emotional, but I think I don't express it externally very well. I've never had good control over my facial expression and I tend to hold in my emotions when they're not extreme. I'm not that good at letting it out until I'm at my breaking point and then it's just no control at all, like there's very little balance with me, an all or nothing kinda thing?

Though when watching movies, I get sucked in and the pain intensifies, like with the Green Mile, my husband had to pause it for half an hour when the Frenchman was being electrocuted because I was crying so hard. And then I couldn't even bring myself to watch it again because every time I remember that scene and it made me want to cry.

I'm really not sure what people think of me... whether they see me as more of a calculating person or an emotional one...