Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ted
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2007, 7:58 pm

Hi. My saikaiatrist sez I'm rather immachur. Iz this tipikal of Aspiez? (I'm also in favor ov speling reform.)

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 8:04 pm

Aksualy, I thingk emoshunal machurity iz won ov the halmarks of autistics. I dont no if I reely want speling reeform tho.

steev

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 8:30 pm

I like to spell the way I taught myself how to spell. (which just so happens to be the correct way)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 8:43 pm

I'm more likely to be influenced by someone who demonstrates strong command of the language, including grammar, punctuation and spelling. :)

- Emerson

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 9:03 pm

As do I. :shameonyou:

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 9:06 pm

I hope you guys realize that I was just kidding, by emulating the original authors style. 9-)

Steve

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2007, 9:21 pm

Perhaps more mature in some areas, immature in others.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 6:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
As do I. :shameonyou:

Do you mean "As am I," or perhaps, "As I do?" :wink:

- Emerson

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 7:05 am

Well, nts imitate with no real understanding, maybe you're just being true to yourself and taking your time growing up. Don't justify yourself to morons man.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 7:05 am

Kan I imitait 'is style an aw? Oh, g'wan. ;)

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2007, 11:33 am

Ted wrote:
(I'm also in favor ov speling reform.)

I'm in favour of reforming your spelling. :wink:

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2007, 1:46 am

SteveK wrote:
I hope you guys realize that I was just kidding, by emulating the original authors style. 9-)

Steve

Yeah, I hesitated scrolling down after your post. I was afraid everyone else's posts might look the same way. If they did, I would have exxed out and never returned to WP..lol. Whew!

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 2:04 am

Droopy wrote:
SteveK wrote:

Steve

Yeah, I hesitated scrolling down after your post. I was afraid everyone else's posts might look the same way. If they did, I would have exxed out and never returned to WP..lol. Whew!

WHY? Can't you take a joke? I would hate to think that such a thing could encourage ANYONE to leave. Usually, I try to be serious and at least do SOME proofreading. I don't get overly pedantic though. Maybe I just did things like that too much when I was young. Today I have lost the zest to do a lot of things I even WANT to do. 8-(

Steve

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2007, 2:38 am

Um, I'm sorry. :( I knew it was a joke and I thought was funny. That's why I put the "lol" at the end. You're fine. You played a joke and it worked, on me anyway. I like you so I'm surprised my post upset you.

Maybe I should explain. For one, I've had trouble with viruses on my computer the last few days. I got it all fixed (I hope) and now have virus protection but I'm still a ltitle paranoid. That's why I posted the question asking if others got the SQLServer error message. If I was the only that was happening to and on top of that people's letters were botched, then I would have to assume I still had a problem.

Another thing...and I think it's funny..once there was a post here about some Aspie's wondering if we're aliens. So, when I opened up the thread, I just saw the original post and yours, until I scrolled down. However, my first thought was of course, "VIRUS!....no, they really are aliens!"

So yeah, maybe it's my AS but I'm really gullible, especially when I get paranoid over something. It would freak me out if I knew for sure someone was watching my every move on my computer. I was really reluctant to get on the net tonight, it has nothing to do with you except that your joke hit me at the right time, :) .

I'm sorry, I should have explained myself when I first posted.

Last edited by Droopy on 28 Jan 2007, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Droopy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2007, 2:43 am

And yes, I can take a joke..it would have been perfect for April 1st,especially if you knew me better. People are always messing with me and I think it's funny I fall into it so easy...sometimes.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:59 am

Droopy,

MYSQL can get upset if it doesn't have enough resources and/or queries aren't terminated just right. Towards the end, it may take forever to return results, or just quit. THE solution is to make sure all queries are terminated properly(find bugs), and give it enough resources. There are a LOT of people on here apparantly(using it at one time), so Alex is probably running into that problem.

The second best solution is to, if MYSQL gets TOO bogged down, shut it down gracefully, and recover any corrupted indexes. That could take close to a minute or more. I think THAT is what happens with the error. I have gotten it here a LOT.

Many sites simply crash, and someone has to come in hours or days later to recover. Be glad Alex didn't do THAT!

Steve