Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 4:19 am

Does anyone else have problems crossing the road? I can never seem to judge properly when is the right time to walk, unless there are no cars at all.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 4:24 am

Yes! I am so lucky to be alive!
I can`t judge distance or speed.
Also living in different countries where they drive on the wrong side means I don`t always look in the right direction.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 4:26 am

No problem here.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 4:29 am

alexbeetle wrote:
I can`t judge distance or speed.

Neither can I. I think I could, if I had time to think about it, but you don't have time to stand there deciding whether or not to cross for ages, because by then the car is too close.
I'll probably die doing this one day. :P

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

02 May 2007, 5:01 am

Sopho_Soph wrote:
Does anyone else have problems crossing the road? I can never seem to judge properly when is the right time to walk, unless there are no cars at all.

I'll have to retract that job offer I gave you to be my kids' nanny. :lol:

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2007, 5:04 am

big problems crossing roads .
bb natty

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

02 May 2007, 5:09 am

Been fearfull in the past. But I tend to try to only go out about 3 AM when the outside world is mostly asleep.

DingoDv
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 5:11 am

One of my housemates is always saying I am a bit reckless - I think he's too careful...

Flake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 May 2007, 6:15 am

i always run across the road even if its empty, its just not safe at all.

haaki_nuva
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2007, 6:33 am

I can do it without any problems.

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 8:33 am

Yes, nearly got hit yesterday. I can't judge the speed, the car could be going 2kph and I would not be able to tell.

ExeterChris
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2007, 8:39 am

I often wait longer than is really necessary. I'm told that when I was younger and being taught to cross safely, I would always want to wait until there was a huge gap.

When I use a zebra crossing, I often can't tell if a car close to the crossing is going to stop or not, so I often take time to cross there as well. Though I've nearly been hit a few times by cars that fail to stop.
(Don't know if they exist outside Britain: pedistrians have right of way on a zebra crossing)

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

02 May 2007, 8:39 am

As a teen I often walked right into the street without looking. People I knew got into the habit of putting their arm in front of me whenever we approached a crosswalk to make sure I stopped. I'm fine now but get that nervous feeling that a car is going to pull out of nowhere and when I'm driving I look both ways several times and still feel unsure but go for it anyway.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 8:41 am

RaeRae wrote:
As a teen I often walked right into the street without looking. People I knew got into the habit of putting their arm in front of me whenever we approached a crosswalk to make sure I stopped. I'm fine now but get that nervous feeling that a car is going to pull out of nowhere and when I'm driving I look both ways several times and still feel unsure but go for it anyway.

I did the same thing. The girl who got off the college bus at the same stop as me used to always stop me from being hit at the crossings, because I'd just walk out.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 8:53 am

Nope....

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 8:55 am

Sopho_Soph wrote:

Totally. I have almost been run over a few times. Once, I got to the middle of the road, saw a car coming and froze. They had to stop, lol. I have a bad habit of going into my own world and going too slowly as I cross sometimes. I often have to do a runner across.