Anybody here have a wierd attachment to something?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 3:05 pm

I have a texture problem, so I have this weird attachment to rubbery things. Like I have this handle, that I took off a pot, I stole from my parents when I was younger to rub it, I dont know why. But when I go to my boyfriends house, I also take this pot which also has a rubber handle to it, because it like helps me sleep, makes me feel better, its like a stress reliever and a feeling of comfort Idk what it is exactly, but I took a rubbery piece of a pen and put it on my cell so I use that when I'm out in public. I've always been attached to rubbery things, like textures I guess that give that smooth feeling Idk how to explain it. Does anybody else have a wierd attachment to something?

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 3:10 pm

No, but I'm sensitive to textures. I can't wear certain fabrics and can't write on paper that doesn't feel right. But I don't obsess over things that feel good.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 3:11 pm

I have a weir blue cushiony thing I used to leave next the computer and play with because it felt nice.
I also hate certain textures and can't wear clothes if they don't feel right.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 3:13 pm

Not really, don't like slippery textures though.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 3:27 pm

I don't really have any weird attachments to anything because of their texture, but I did become extremely attached to one of my mum's shirts when I was a toddler. It had geometrical patterns all over it in different colors and whenever she wore it I would grab at it. Eventually, she decided to take the buttons off it and give it to me. I carried it around everywhere with me and called it my blanket.

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2007, 3:48 pm

I had an unhealty attachment to stuffed animals and little plastic toys that looked like animals. They all had their own induvidual names and personalty and backstory. If anyone tried to change them all hell broke loose. People also had to be gentle when handling them or I would beat the person up. This was a problem because my dad had a habit of kicking my things out of his way. It also scared my mom because I didn't feel that way towards people. I also could never give them away because I was afraid their new owner could possibly be mean to them or loose them or something.

Valhalla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2007, 4:01 pm

Anything that was mine, I use to talk to objects, and apologise to them if I dropped them or didn't use them. Also almost had break downs if something were to be thrown away. I remember when I was a wein my mum put my blanket in the washing machine and I would not stop crying and sat infront of the washing machine watching it through the glass untill it was finished. :lol:

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 May 2007, 4:07 pm

I love textures too, I have lots of different textured cusions, and some random things like a happy feet comforter (its a small flat pengiun that is really soft- free with tea bags) I always have at least one furry pipe-cleaner on my person to fiddle with when stressed. I put things to my face and lips to feel the texture better, though I try to not do this in the company of anyone else. I know I should not really care what people think, but I really do.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 5:08 pm

Grim wrote:
I love textures too, I have lots of different textured cusions, and some random things like a happy feet comforter (its a small flat pengiun that is really soft- free with tea bags) I always have at least one furry pipe-cleaner on my person to fiddle with when stressed. I put things to my face and lips to feel the texture better, though I try to not do this in the company of anyone else. I know I should not really care what people think, but I really do.

I do exactly what you do, I put it to my face and lips to feel the texture even better. I use to not do it front of people, but then I just gave up what people thought, when people ask what it is, I just say its like a stress reliever. When I first started dating my boyfriend, he thought I was sooo weird, but after I explained it to him, he just got use to having it around. He even bought me a wierd pot holder thing thats really rubbery so when I go over his house, I don't have to bring my own.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2007, 5:15 pm

I'm attached to this red bean bag pillow that my mom gave me a few years ago. It's hard for me to sleep without it.

princetizoc
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2007, 3:04 am

My 3 year old son sleeps with a satin sheet he puts it over his entire body and covers his head and has a smaller satin pillowcase he holds under his nose.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 3:37 am

I like textures. I like smooth glass objects. I have a small glass egg I like to fiddle with, and yes I put it to my lips and roll it across my face a lot! I like things that are the right size to hold in my hand.