Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 11:48 am

Come true? Or a premonition? Was it important? Did it change anything?

A big one I remember is, once I had a reocurring dream that my car wouldn't stop. I had my bakes checked and they were fine. 2 Days after having my brakes checked I left the house one morning and go this overwheling feeling that I was going to wreck. I pulled over on the side of the road, checked my car for anything bad like a wobbly tire etc... nothing. I then got in my car, adjusted my mirrors, adjusted my seat, checked my controls and made sure my seat belt was on accurately. Then I just told myself I was crazy. I continued driving and when passing through an intersection a man ran a red light, T-boned my car on the drivers side where I sat and when I saw him coming at me I tried to hit the brakes but it was too late and my car wouldn't stop it spun through the intersection, into a parking lot and wedged itself between a light pole and a utility pole facing the direction I was coming from.

How did I know this was oging to happen? Also, wouldn't the time i took to check my car and all that have changed the timing of everything and altered the sequence of events?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:52 am

Nothing so intense as that...

I did have a premonition about all my sock creatures geting burnt...and they were.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:54 am

Yes, I've abstractly predicted and foreseen things in dreams.
I've also had an out of body experience.

Weird s**t.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 12:05 pm

agentcyclosarin wrote:

Weird sh**.

I've had many so called out of body experiencing. But they have a medical term for it - sleep paralasys. Its supposedly a sleeping disorder. Used to scare me to death but now I think its fun and just go with it. They say its connected to narcolepsy but I don't have that.

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2007, 12:06 pm

I just recently had a dream about my dad and his old high school buddy drinking beer by a coffin. Two days later his friend died of liver failure. It scared me because I was sure that my dad was going to die.

These premonitions occur regularly. It could be that I subconsciously pick up on patterns throughout the day and my mind puts them together while I'm asleep. Or, maybe it's preternatural. Whatever the case, I try to make the best out of it.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 12:11 pm

RaeRae wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:

Weird sh**.

I've had many so called out of body experiencing. But they have a medical term for it - sleep paralasys. Its supposedly a sleeping disorder. Used to scare me to death but now I think its fun and just go with it. They say its connected to narcolepsy but I don't have that.

I don't have narcolepsy either but it sure was strange waking up, doing what i normally do and going back into my room to see myself still laying there.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

04 May 2007, 12:13 pm

agentcyclosarin wrote:
RaeRae wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:

Weird sh**.

I don't have narcolepsy either but it sure was strange waking up, doing what i normally do and going back into my room to see myself still laying there.

That must have been a good one! I only float and drift around.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 12:20 pm

RaeRae wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:
RaeRae wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:

Weird sh**.

That must have been a good one! I only float and drift around.

There was something more to it, Its been a long time since it happened but it was at a time I really needed to "look at myself". I think that was what it was trying to get across.

Sadly I repeated the same mistakes again.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:12 pm

I got up one morning, did all the usual getting dressed etc., got in the car, was driving to work on the ring road, half way there I had the strong feeling something wasn`t right so I pulled over. I sat in the car and went through everything I could think of that could be wrong, then remembered I didn`t have a car and woke up in bed. I had to get up and do everything over again....but went for the bus...

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

KalahariMeerkat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2007, 2:56 pm

Yes and they were usualy about bad things and when I told people about them they told me "Don't talk like that". They happened soon afterwards such as my neice getting kidnapped (I had a dream twice about that and kept having these feelings that something bad was going to happen to her) No one would listen to me though and my brother being in a car accident.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:40 pm

That's insane. I hope you cleaned up from that accident.

About three days ago I took some melatonin to fall asleep, which usually intensifies my dreams, and it did, and I had a dream about someone that I hadn't seen for about six months. The thing is, I almost never dream about people that I know, or at least remember it. But after I woke up, later that day, I ran itno that person out of the blue at a light rail station, which to put in its proper context is basically like running into someone you know on the subway in New York. Yeah, not that weird, I know, but it did seem weird at the time.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

05 May 2007, 3:43 pm

maldoror wrote:
That's insane. I hope you cleaned up from that accident.

About three days ago I took some melatonin to fall asleep, which usually intensifies my dreams, and it did, and I had a dream about someone that I hadn't seen for about six months. The thing is, I almost never dream about people that I know, or at least remember it. But after I woke up, later that day, I ran itno that person out of the blue at a light rail station, which to put in its proper context is basically like running into someone you know on the subway in New York. Yeah, not that weird, I know, but it did seem weird at the time.

I recovered from the accident, it took about 3 years to feel myself again though.

I've had times like that but usually its not dreams. I'll suddenly find myself thinking about someone that I haven't thought about in a long time or seen or heard from and suddenly I'll get an email or phone call or they will stop by or I will run into them somewhere.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:59 pm

I have already mentioned this in another thread...I was kinda obsessed with this dumb guy for about 5 years and I would dream about him like clockwork a few daysbefore he'd come into town.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 May 2007, 4:01 pm

well right now when i went to go buy that very cool movie we went to hastings, but my mother said i wouldnt find it there she said i d find it at bookmans, and i did. i went into hastings they didnt have it. my life better not turn into that movie now but i have a feeling its going to :D :P

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:49 pm

In 1993 I've seen the aspie people.
Well, here am I.

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2007, 7:32 pm

I once had a dream where I had to have an operation, and my Dad and the surgeon kept trying to get me to stay in the operating theatre, but I wanted to run away even though I knew I needed it. A little while later, I discovered that I did need a operation on my stomach. Also, the surgeon in real life looked scarily similar to the one in my dream, and my Dad was there when I was given anaesthetic and when I woke up. While I didn't try to leave beforehand, though, I did want to leave right after I'd woken up, before the anaesthetic had worn off, but my Dad told me to stay (I couldn't really move much anyway, so he needn't have bothered :P ).