Does Anyone Put Stress On Their Joints When Sitting Comforta

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:48 am

When relaxing or trying to sit comfortably does anyone put stress on their joints.

I find that the most relaxing position is having the soles of my feet touching or my ankles touching the floor. Obviously this puts stress on my ankles and hurts when I finaly move.

Maybe I'm just wierd

Ooh! my member status is no longer of the feathered variety , I'm now a raptor :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 7:29 am

I don't know about having stress on my joints, but I'm only comfortable if I'm sitting "Indian style." I'm not comfortable if my feet are on the floor. I was the same way as a kid.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 11:02 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I don't know about having stress on my joints, but I'm only comfortable if I'm sitting "Indian style." I'm not comfortable if my feet are on the floor. I was the same way as a kid.

I'm ok with my feet touching the floor but never flat i.e. just toes or at an angle

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

Yes. And I cross my toes. I usually have my arms folded around me and cross fingers too.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:47 pm

Yes. Very much so. I have a very hard time not sitting with my legs crossed, usually my right leg tucked unger the left with the left over it and hanging down pushing down on my ankle.

Other variations will sometime hurt my knees or even back...

If I'm not careful I will hurt myself at any time I'm sitting for more than a few minutes.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:52 pm

I find it much more comfortable to sit on the floor, in chairs I don't really know what to do with myself. I sleep on a mat on the floor too, I have a bed, I just prefer it down here for some reason. If I have to sit on a chair, I perch on the very edge, or with my feet folded under me if I'm at home.

TheArronaut
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2016, 10:50 pm

Oooh, this is definitely me! I can't even think of any right now, mostly bc i get so stiff nowadays from a physical job that i end up just being a starfish, but i remember a lot of times finding The Perfect Position, only to get up a while later and think OH SWEET JESUS as the pins and needles started

Official Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1, without accompanying intellectual impairment. Specific Learning Disorder, With Impairment in Mathematics (Dyscalculia)