Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Magpie_01
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2018, 6:17 am

Hi everyone,

I've had peope stare at me quite a few times. I've also notice that they're looking me up and down. It drives me nuts :evil: What does it mean? How do you cope with it? I don't like it at all - making eye contact scares me, especially if it's strangers, and having someone stare me up and down makes me feel judged. :|

Lea

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 6:50 am

I loathe it when I get other women stare at me. As Aspies we are always being told it's rude or unacceptable to stare at people, but it seems that NTs do it all the time like it's OK. I don't really get people staring at me up and down but I get them staring at my face. I try to look away like I don't care but I do care and it's f*****g soul-destroying. It makes me not want to leave the house. It makes me feel like I belong in a freak show.

It is best to not post threads like this on autism forums though, because other autistics assume you are flapping your hands, looking unkempt and wearing weird clothes, when in actual fact those of us who post threads about feeling upset when being stared at are more likely to be the self-aware Aspies that care about what others think and how we act and dress.

So whoever replies with "you're probably doing something weird you're unaware of" just shut up and stop making us feel even more self-conscious than we already are.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2018, 9:58 am

I'm too much in my own world to notice if others are staring at me or not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition