Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 5:52 pm

I dont even bother dressing up anymore now that Im in my 30s. I wonder if this is an autism thing. Ive known other girls that also hate dressing up but not many. I wonder why I feel like the only female in the world that hates dressing like a female.

Scheimaa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

it can be related to autism especially when these clothes aren't comfortable, and with Executive Functioning Issues it won't be easy to dress-up and do your hair and makeup every time you go out, personally i don't mind dressing like a girl but i just don't do it because it's bothersome i also don't use makeup at all even if go to a wedding.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2017, 10:48 pm

I've met many a female who doesn't care to dress how society says they should dress, and dress according to what they feel like.

I wouldn't attach any significance to it.

Dress with what makes you happiest. If someone has an issue with it, then that is their issue, not yours. There are no rules. OK, there are SOME rules. Wearing nothing but a set of chaps is generally frowned upon, though that can vary.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 2:09 am

I feel the same way, but have found some things that I really like to wear that are fancy. For instance I hate the way pantyhose make my legs feel trapped. On the other hand, I really like nicely tailored vests. Something about pressure on my upper body feels comforting. Go figure. But that coupled with my dislike of long hair in my face as a kid made me easily mistaken for a dapper but mysteriously distant young man. ...in retrospect I may have accidentally confused some of the other little girls in my year at camp. :roll: What can I say? apparently I am attractive as either sex. I consider this a gift. :wink: