Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2007, 9:22 pm

I'm 19 ys/o and live with my mom (upper middle class income bracket), but she is still working off debt. Since I still live with my mom, am I not eligible for SSI? I have had 4 jobs in the past 2 years (the longest one lasting 3 months), but I end up being too stressed and depressed to work. I get physically ill and need to call in sick constantly (I only JUST figured a few days ago that this is due to anxiety, which I guess I should have figured out a LONG time ago because I felt physically nauseous and ill on and off throughout my schooling which miraculously cleared up when I was back home). I've been put on pills and tried tons of stress-reducing methods and even "gotten out there and tried new things" (eg - found religion, to some extent), but the depression and inability to cope is debilitating no matter what I do. I'm not able to hold down a job, almost had to drop out my first year of college (despite only taking TWO classes), and it's gotten to the point where if there's nothing left I can do I may end up having to just kill myself. Is there ANY way I'm eligible for SSI or some sort of assistance?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:23 pm

i just got accepted for ssi! good luck! it took me two years! two years!!

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2007, 9:25 pm

That doesn't at all answer my question

richardbenson wrote:
i just got accepted for ssi! good luck! it took me two years! two years!!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 9:28 pm

sorry i was a little exited. i would just apply and if youve been to any doctors, you should take all yer reports from when you were a kid and show them they'll make a decision but ittle be a slow one

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:31 pm

I've felt like that too. I'm terrified if I ever lose my job, since I don't have my degree, and I have anxiety a lot. I really wish there was a guaranteed safety net there for us, AND assistance so we can find a job we can do well! Because so many of us would be a big benefit SOMEWHERE, if only we could get matched to it.

Good luck to you.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:31 pm

richardbenson wrote:
sorry i was a little exited. i would just apply and if youve been to any doctors, you should take all yer reports from when you were a kid and show them they'll make a decision but ittle be a slow one
Exactly. But, it's possible that they will start to send you payments tentative to your being approved.

Since you suspect that you are an Aspie, a diagnosis of autism sure wouldn't hurt your chances.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:42 pm

When I applied I was living with my upper-middleclass parents. It was a verbally abusive home situation and I wanted to be able to move out and not be trapped. I got SSI my first try...so yes, you are eligible to apply.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 10:14 pm

i would just go for it, are kind gets to much crap from this world we should be paid to stay alive

phenomenon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2007, 10:44 pm

I'm about to send the application...but I'd also planned on serving in the military so I'm holding off until I find out whether or not the Air Force will find out about this and I'll be disqualified

Genius-Idiot
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2007, 10:48 pm

richardbenson wrote:
are kind gets to much crap from this world we should be paid to stay alive

Why don't you make them stop? It might sound crazy, but it's not impossible by any means. We're trained to believe we have to accept the crap, but we really don't. NTs like passing the stuff out, so none of them is going to tell you otherwise, either. They like hearing us complain, because it means they have the upper hand. I made up my mind a long time ago that I'm not going to let it happen any more. It took 5 years to figure out how, but I finally managed for myself. Now I have the upper hand, and I'm not letting go. (None of them is smart enough to even realize what's happened.) Everyone on this site can do it too. The more of us jump on the bandwagon, the easier it will get, and eventually it will be easy enough even for those of us who have had the hardest time adapting to this idiotic society we must live in. Ask me how, if you want to try.

earthboundmisfit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2007, 11:16 pm

Genius-Idiot wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
are kind gets to much crap from this world we should be paid to stay alive

Why don't you make them stop? It might sound crazy, but it's not impossible by any means. We're trained to believe we have to accept the crap, but we really don't. NTs like passing the stuff out, so none of them is going to tell you otherwise, either. They like hearing us complain, because it means they have the upper hand. I made up my mind a long time ago that I'm not going to let it happen any more. It took 5 years to figure out how, but I finally managed for myself. Now I have the upper hand, and I'm not letting go. (None of them is smart enough to even realize what's happened.) Everyone on this site can do it too. The more of us jump on the bandwagon, the easier it will get, and eventually it will be easy enough even for those of us who have had the hardest time adapting to this idiotic society we must live in. Ask me how, if you want to try.

I want to try! How did you do this?

Genius-Idiot
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2007, 11:29 pm

I'm going to pm you, since I've already posted this on another thread and it's pretty lengthy. Anybody else interested?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 1:29 am

Yeah.

UrbanStrike
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2007, 3:55 am

I got on ssi first try.

My list of 20 jobs I had for about a month each, makes a pretty clear case.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 8:22 am

Genius-Idiot wrote:
I'm going to pm you, since I've already posted this on another thread and it's pretty lengthy. Anybody else interested?

Me too please! Me too!