childish temper tantrums + hating people.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2009, 11:14 am

does anyone else have really childish temper tentrums? i know meltdowns, or a total repression of feelings are common, and i do both, but im also having a lot of really immature reactions at the moment..

i have been told off for saying 'i hope he dies' and similar 'unnaceptable, childish comments' but i really do mean it, though i might say it with a slight evil smile... :twisted:

its more like half way to a meltdown; i want to scream and throw things about and stick my fingers in my ears and say 'la la la im not listening'. so childish! but i do mean it too... its a really 5 year old, petulant anger.

is this just me? :(

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 11:41 am

misslottie wrote:
does anyone else have really childish temper tentrums? i know meltdowns, or a total repression of feelings are common, and i do both, but im also having a lot of really immature reactions at the moment..

i have been told off for saying 'i hope he dies' and similar 'unnaceptable, childish comments' but i really do mean it, though i might say it with a slight evil smile... :twisted:

its more like half way to a meltdown; i want to scream and throw things about and stick my fingers in my ears and say 'la la la im not listening'. so childish! but i do mean it too... its a really 5 year old, petulant anger.

is this just me? :(

im closing in on 30, and ive said way more childish stuff than "i hope he dies", i get specific, on how and when and stuff :(

you shoulda seen me, when my neighbours decided to cut the power, 3 times in a row, experimenting for godknowswhatreason, oh my god omg omg, i tolerated one blackout, two blackouts, on the third, i yelled SO bad, i am amazed one of them actually came down to apoligize :D
i was shaking in the door, still raging w fury, but also slightly embarassed

hostile_fossil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2009, 11:45 am

I have terrible rage problems. :( But I never really express any of it. I'd be fired if I did. And, well, a job in this economy is pretty important right now.

trickie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

I still do that but it was worse before my diagnosis because I couldn't figure out why no one understood me, I would scream and have tantrums. Still do but they are fewer and yes there are people I extremely dislike.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:03 pm

All of us, NT and AS alike, need to learn as much self-control as we are capable of. I drive to an isolated place to do my screaming so I won't damage important relationships.

SpazzDog
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2009, 1:47 pm

Over christmas I argued with an 8 year old for a little while and had to catch myself and realize what I was doing! I know I can be very childish. I can control it and try to contain it, but I don't think I'll ever truly cure myself and grow up completely.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 2:03 pm

I do not have this problem at all - Quite the opposite: I neither love people very much, nor I do hate people. I see others "functionary units" how do things I think are good and reasonable and other are not - the most issues I see with curious observing neutrality.

The only exception was when I was in love, but "just" for a few months.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 2:10 pm

I hate people like Matthew Israel, and I would beat him to a pulp if I had the chance, but usually I just hate what people do, I don't hate the person, just the part of them that did whatever they did that upset me. I will, however, refuse to see or talk to or live with someone who did something that upset me.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2009, 2:18 pm

I'm 44 or so, age is irrelevant, to me anyway, but yeah even at my age I still have childish tantrums. I don't have rage like hostile fossil, but my employers are pretty understanding when I get really over the edge about something. They let me vent (Ihave 8 supervisors and only one of them doesn't understand autism), I think they have come to realize that if I don't get it out at that point things will spiral downward.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 8:49 pm

Yes, my anger can be childish. I have extremely low frustration tolerance. Whenever something frustrates me I direct a string of profanities at it. I think I just have more pent up tension than anyone else I know. Anger is the only way to get rid of the stress if I have no one to talk to. Also, when I'm having a bad day I feel that if I don't get angry I'll get depressed so I choose anger as the lesser evil. Then again I'm probably one of the few people mature enough to be honest about my reasons for acting the way I do.

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Feb 2009, 9:02 pm

Yes. I throw things and stomp up and down, pull my hair out, scream, punch myself in the head, bang walls, cry, and say some pretty hurtful things. :(

21 Feb 2009, 9:24 pm

I don't have tantrums. I have meltdowns. The worst ones I can have is crying and screaming and throwing things.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2009, 2:40 pm

thank you all- this is SO interesting!! so much of it i have done- like arguing seriously with chlidren, even though im an adult. i often forget that with children.

i usuaslly dont express my anger too much, but its coming out as this really chldish, impotent rage at the moment- rather than throwing things about in a meltdown without care, its more- throwing non breakables and kicking the floor.

i also go into lengthy rants about wishing X would die horribly- ebola virus/ fall down an abandoned mine, break back, and starve to death whlie being eaten alive by rats etc.

as always, glad to know it's not just me.

youcameandchanged
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2018, 6:40 am

BTW, is this mostly among people who learned of their autistic status late? Or are even autists who have known since forever and therefore feel like assimilation is second nature to them like this too? (I'm asking this because I wish I were like that.)

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2018, 8:10 am

I have been struggling with this all my life as well. What actually helped me quite a bit was reading the works of the Marquis De Sade when i was about to flip out. Reading about those extreme amounts of antisocial cruelty in his works usually has a calming effect on me. And i can be quiet and relaxed looking during the practice of this method.

youcameandchanged
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2018, 8:16 am

youcameandchanged wrote:
BTW, is this mostly among people who learned of their autistic status late? Or are even autists who have known since forever and therefore feel like assimilation is second nature to them like this too? (I'm asking this because I wish I were like that.)
You see, I bumped this thread for this very specific question.