Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 12:17 am

The toilets are supposed to flush after the user gets up. On an American toilet the motion detector is on the top of the plumbing where the flush handle used to go.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 1:24 am

I don't care for the noise and unpredictability they offer. My four year old (she's autistic) is terrified of them, and she has very shaky, jerky body movements and a look of horror on her face the whole time she is using a public restroom with the auto-flushers. I do my very best to avoid that.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 7:20 am

OK - I'm going to ask the mods to move this thread. What does this ave to do with AUTISM?

This needs to be in the Random discussion section! I don't want to read about flushing toilets when I'm on WP general discussions!

aimeeandbeatles wrote:
Am I the only one here who refuses to use automatically flushing toilets? I can't stand them. They're scary. :cry:

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2008, 9:55 am

The first and only time I encountered a magic toilet of this description was last year at Newark airport. I was already confused about the fact that the toilets all looked like they had overflowed, with the water level much higher than in English toilets, then the toilet roll was automated, then the bloody thing flushed as I stood up! Needless to say, I then washed my hands with automatic soap and water and dried them on automatic paper towels. The whole thing left me rather shaken. :-)

I can understand that some people don't like touching toilet flush handles but automated loo roll is just stupid.