Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2008, 8:01 am

There's been a couple times I remember waking up during a dream and before it fades noticing it has like "background" music playing. It always fits the "scene" of the dream and is really subtle, maybe it happens a lot more than I think but I just dont notice it. Similar to how music is done in movies but more in the background, more subtle.

Has anyone else ever noticed this or is this really unusual?

use_your_words
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2008, 8:20 am

Recently I had a dream where I was riding my bike and I was hearing music. It sounded familiar, and suddenly I realized that it was an orchestral piece written by Albert Einstein. I also noticed it was being played on the accordion. It was sort of like background music, except I actually noticed it during my dream instead of just as I was waking up. As I was waking up, I realized that Einstein didn't write music. I don't think that's what you're talking about, though.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 8:56 am

I have had music in my dreams several times.

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2008, 9:16 am

Music plays in my head incessantly. The music-in-a-dream is the reason why I have so much musical material written. I love dreaming, I feel alive there--"awake" even. The songs that I hear, I write them down or I'll forget them. It is one of the few things I very much enjoy.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:19 am

Wow. It's amazing isn't it? I've been trying to create that ambient sound I hear behind my dreams (struggling until I tried doing it 3-4am), to me it sounds like cascading voices but not specifically human, not alien either, just.. voices...melodies all over but miles away....birds....water....wind....an endless sort of sound.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:31 am

Sometimes I dream songs I haven't heard before....sometimes there will be "popular" songs in my dreams. This morning it is "Don't be Cruel"...I forget the dream though..it was long and involved...and i can't remember the slightst smidge.
I am another one with perpetual head music.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:50 am

Yes, I dream about music I have never heard before. Usually I don't succeed in recreating it once I wake up. There have been a few times when I woke up from a musical dream and actually turned it into a song. One of those songs became one of my most popular ones (among my very small number of fans).

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 9:56 am

Music is always in my head n wen i dream i always fink about melodies, beats n it mostly happens wen im goin out on me own.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 7:34 pm

After reading this I stayed up last night till 3 or 4 and worked on some of these ambient tracks. I managed to work out how to get my voice and guitars doing that "forever" sound, I'll upload them soon if anyones interested, its taken a long time.

Still just a side project for my own enjoyment but I'm thinking its a perfect thing to release net-wise for free because its all vocals, guitars, samples, noises, occasional beats, etc.

I'm slowly being able to bring this internal soundtrack to the surface, though sometimes I can't help thinking how awesome it would be to be able to just sample from my thoughts, though where is the challenge in that? :)

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 7:55 pm

Usually if I hear music in my dreams it's coming from a TV or something. Occasionally otherwise.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 7:18 am

What does this have to do with Autism? It's a general experience shared by all human beings. This needs to be in the Random section.

SirLogiC wrote:
There's been a couple times I remember waking up during a dream and before it fades noticing it has like "background" music playing. It always fits the "scene" of the dream and is really subtle, maybe it happens a lot more than I think but I just dont notice it. Similar to how music is done in movies but more in the background, more subtle.

Has anyone else ever noticed this or is this really unusual?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 8:12 am

It's funny, I'm really musical throughout the day, but at night in my dreams, it's only ever on rare occasions that I hear anything. Most of the time, I hear neither voice nor any other sound including music, although I do know what people are saying and how they are saying it. It's strange, it amazes me that my dreams are without sound, even without music.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 9:40 am

That's strange, I have never heard before that one's able to hear music, dreaming 8O And what about smells? I remember one dream I had in childhood - the dream about a man who used to live on the fourth floor (in reality quite a different family lives there) and died and when the door to his flat was opened, such horrible odor of dead body belched out from there that I couldn't breathe (literally; I woke up instantly, choking). I still remember it.