Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 8:54 pm

I'm seeing an excellent psychologist on the NHS and they are getting me to count all the times I wash my hands and also talking in detail about my OCD with me. For about a year I had been scrubbing my face, arms, neck and hair with disinfectant when I got in after every time I'd gone out. Now I'm managing to wipe all those areas with water alone instead saving me money, time and effort. I also no longer itch in those areas so much as I did because of the disinfectant irritating with its acidity.

So there's some good news for you. Things can get better.

tentoedsloth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2018, 8:58 pm

Great! I've had trouble off and on with a different kind so I know it's not easy to get it to back off, but it is possible. And perfection--I don't think anybody has that.

Adult son officially diagnosed with Asperger's (has a job and lives alone in an apartment), and I have some symptoms, but I now think I don't really "have it," so disregard any of my posts where that matters.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm

Thanks. I like your avatar, it looks cheerful.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

that's great :D

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 10:07 pm

I'm so glad that you are doing better. It sounds like your psychologist is really helping, and I encourage you to keep at it, even if it seems to be getting worse again at times. My OCD has also gotten so much better over the past year with the addition of the SSRI. It did not start working until I was placed on a high dose, however. There is always hope, no matter how far gone you feel. I hope you continue to do well! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 10:11 pm

I'm glad your OCD is improving too. Happy christmas. :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm

fifasy wrote:
I'm glad your OCD is improving too. Happy christmas. :D

Thank you- Happy Christmas to you too! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 11:38 pm

This is wonderful! Keep it up! :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 11:33 am

Great news, fifasy! I am so glad to hear it. Merry Christmas!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 11:38 am

fifasy wrote:
I'm seeing an excellent psychologist on the NHS and they are getting me to count all the times I wash my hands and also talking in detail about my OCD with me. For about a year I had been scrubbing my face, arms, neck and hair with disinfectant when I got in after every time I'd gone out. Now I'm managing to wipe all those areas with water alone instead saving me money, time and effort. I also no longer itch in those areas so much as I did because of the disinfectant irritating with its acidity.

So there's some good news for you. Things can get better.

That's wonderful news, man! As someone who often feels a compulsion to turn back home on the way to work, just so I can make sure for the fifth time my door is locked, I know these impulses can be hellish. I'm very happy to see your success :) You're a great presence here, and I hope you have a great Christmas, however you like to celebrate (or not celebrate).

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2018, 12:37 pm

Glad to read you've made such progress! Thanksgiving for sharing, it's honestly very inspiring.

I may not have compulsions on that level, but my father had OCD, so I've witnessed how debilitating it can be.

tentoedsloth

23 Dec 2018, 1:50 pm

Just by the way, I changed my avatar. When I posted on here in the past, I was more in the "making friends" mode and chose a cheerful-ish avatar. The new one is more representative of now.

Fifasy was not demonstrating a lack of understanding of facial expressions. :)

Adult son officially diagnosed with Asperger's (has a job and lives alone in an apartment), and I have some symptoms, but I now think I don't really "have it," so disregard any of my posts where that matters.