Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 8:46 pm

Only eat certain brands or types of a certain food, texture, smell & taste issues that are just plain weird? I personally only like muenster cheese, 2% milk, seedless breads, & avoid greens/any crunchy veggies. I also hate the rubber like perogies (can't spell it :oops: ) my ex-HS served (they bounced off the cafeteria floor).

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 11:30 pm

Peko wrote:
Only eat certain brands or types of a certain food, texture, smell & taste issues that are just plain weird? I personally only like muenster cheese, 2% milk, seedless breads, & avoid greens/any crunchy veggies. I also hate the rubber like perogies (can't spell it :oops: ) my ex-HS served (they bounced off the cafeteria floor).

bouncing perogies??Sounds like the potential for one helluva food fight!! :P

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2009, 9:54 am

Peko wrote:

Have you tried a gluten-free dairy-free diet? Given your unusual food behaviors, there might be something going on here...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2009, 10:04 am

I eat whatever I please, whenever I want, just as long as it tastes good. :O)

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2009, 10:34 am

I too have taste, smell, and texture issues too. I will only eat certain foods, so my diet is very limited.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2009, 4:02 pm

My favourite foods generally tend to be the fattening savouries, such as pizza and pies. However, because of my bowel disorder, I am very restricted as to how often I eat these kinds of foods as the high fat content makes me very ill. Great way of not gaining weight though :D . Otherwise, if it's anything else, I eat what I like but try to eat as healthily as possible.

slashdot
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2009, 8:13 am

mostly veg/fruit chicken. love the other stuff but it moves much tooo quickly through me and I hate to rent it for such a short time span.

suitable quantity of guiness not close to my med time

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 1:29 pm

I am a rather picky eater. If the food is new then I usually won't eat it, it also depends on the look and texture of the food, and what is inside it.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

WoodenNickel
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2009, 6:10 pm

I'm kind of picky. Some flavors are extremely unpleasant, yet others tell me they're mild. The raw flavor of some foods masks the flavors I do like. I love broccoli and cabbage, properly cooked, but hate the closely related cauliflower and brussels sprouts. And if you want to torture me, feed me bland food. I have to have my onions and garlic and spices.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 7:35 pm

I've actually learned to eat many more foods over time (especially b/c my mom's partner is a great cook :)). I did try a gluten free diet (didn't help).

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 1:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I eat whatever I please, whenever I want, just as long as it tastes good. :O)

I pretty much do the same thing to.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Feb 2019, 5:45 am

I was a VERY picky eater as a kid cuz of those issues. I eat a much more wider range of food nowadays thou it is still very limited. My girlfriend gets frustrated with it sometimes cuz she has to do most of the cooking(due to my various disabilities) & she gets tried of cooking & eating the same things. She doesn't like the idea of cooking something just for her to eat which I can understand.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition