Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 9:23 am

At my first appointment with the pdoc here in Wiltshire my stepdaughter described me as being emotionally flat . Prior to being on regular meds via depot antipsychotic I responded quite intensely to negative things , but had a blunted response to positive things . Since being on the depot I don't have that strong an emotional reaction to anything .

It's hard to tell how much of my tendency to be emotionally flat is due to the Asperger's or the schizoaffective disorder? How different is the flat effect with ASD from the flat effect with schizoaffective disorder ?

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 9:43 am

Have you raised the issue with your psychiatrist or who prescribed the meds?.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 10:40 am

aquafelix wrote:
Have you raised the issue with your psychiatrist or who prescribed the meds?.

At the appointment my pdoc responded to my stepdaughter saying I was emotionally flat by saying that the antipsychotic I was on could have that effect .

I had not known that flat effect could also be due to being on the spectrum till fairly recently .

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 1:32 pm

Is flat effect the same as "monotone"? I am very emotional, but people say that I am monotone which I don't quite get. People I know diagnosed seem to have some emotional expression but not like an NT.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 1:44 pm

Angnix wrote:
Is flat effect the same as "monotone"? I am very emotional, but people say that I am monotone which I don't quite get. People I know diagnosed seem to have some emotional expression but not like an NT.

A good question . I guess it would be part of 'flat effect' . I have no idea whether I have a monotone voice .