Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 7:11 am

I'm dangerous; I can turn people into stone.

But that's unrelated to my PTSD. As far as my PTSD goes, I'm more likely to freeze or flee when I sense or imagine there's danger. I'm very withdrawn.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 7:20 am

Try to remember that PTSD is a stress disorder. A lot of people think it's a fear disorder based on being scared all the time but it's really about anxiety. It's in the same family as social anxiety, agoraphobia, scopophobia, general anxiety, RSD, etc. They're all anxiety disorders, even though PTSD has different causes and different symptoms.

You do seem to have an anxiety disorder, and I think you said it was even diagnosed. ADHD will amp that up. Anxiety disorders are a serious problem and they still deserve quite serious attention, so don't feel like your anxiety doesn't matter just because it's not called PTSD. My GAD is a really big deal and it affects my life significantly even though it's hard for me to tell what's what in terms of my diagnoses when I'm having a bad day.

Again I just hope you'll talk to your GP, your ADHD doctor, or your psychologist if you have one, to explain how much you're struggling lately. Sometimes meds just stop working over time or you might need something added to it. What are you doing for treatment right now beyond the Sertraline?

As for TP's comment, I'm likely to freeze or fawn because of Stockholm. The only time I get "fighty" is when I flood but that's not a danger to other people. It's only a danger to myself because of my guilt / shame complex. I'd blame and harm myself before I'd even dream of hurting someone else.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 8:05 am

Joe90 wrote:
as I think I have derailed the thread enough.
Can you derail your own thread??

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 8:11 am

skibum wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
as I think I have derailed the thread enough.
Can you derail your own thread??

This topic of discussion started in another thread that was about food fights so I asked the mods to create a new topic on the subject of PTSD.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2023, 4:05 pm

As people on the spectrum are more sensitive in general it is easier for them to develop CPTSD, especially if being targeted by NT bullies or other spiteful/mean people on the regular. Seems like a coin flip as to whether someone with autism will develop such because of the life that we all live. It takes a very sterile/manicured childhood in order to successfully raise someone on the spectrum and not traumatize them- either that or a great deal of luck. Doesn't take but meeting a few of the rotten people on earth to really damage your psyche.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 8:18 am

liveandletdie wrote:
As people on the spectrum are more sensitive in general it is easier for them to develop CPTSD, especially if being targeted by NT bullies or other spiteful/mean people on the regular. Seems like a coin flip as to whether someone with autism will develop such because of the life that we all live. It takes a very sterile/manicured childhood in order to successfully raise someone on the spectrum and not traumatize them- either that or a great deal of luck. Doesn't take but meeting a few of the rotten people on earth to really damage your psyche.

Makes you wonder if PTSD wasn't a issue , how many of us would be like Elon Musk ..... 8O ????.

where ever you go ,there you are