Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FlintLovesBonnie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Yesterday, 6:03 pm

So i'm going to Disney's Animal Kingdom in spring with a group. I know of disneys policies and accommodations but is there anything I should be mindful of? I plan on bringing my ear defenders, a water bottle, and a few sensory toys if I get overstimmed. I also plan on bringing a LOT of money because dinosaurs are one of my special interests and there's a whole ride + store about them

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:10 pm

FlintLovesBonnie wrote:
So i'm going to Disney's Animal Kingdom in spring with a group. I know of disneys policies and accommodations but is there anything I should be mindful of? I plan on bringing my ear defenders, a water bottle, and a few sensory toys if I get overstimmed. I also plan on bringing a LOT of money because dinosaurs are one of my special interests and there's a whole ride + store about them

The policy changes only affect those requesting specific accommodations through DAS, so if you don't need the DAS accommodations nothing has changed. Those things should be fine, although I personally just bought a bottle at the parks and refilled that.

I personally brought earplugs, sunglasses and a stimtoy and it wasn't any issue, although universal one morning asked a few questions before letting me through.
Slightly OT, but Universal has a small museum with dinosaur stuff.

FlintLovesBonnie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Yesterday, 6:41 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
The policy changes only affect those requesting specific accommodations through DAS, so if you don't need the DAS accommodations nothing has changed. Those things should be fine, although I personally just bought a bottle at the parks and refilled that.

I personally brought earplugs, sunglasses and a stimtoy and it wasn't any issue, although universal one morning asked a few questions before letting me through.
Slightly OT, but Universal has a small museum with dinosaur stuff.

do they really??? I went when I was 13 but I was heavily into HP like it was a special interest (sadly considering the JK situation) so we didn't really go see the dino stuff :(