Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Both! I'm either shouting or mumbling, and I hate it. I just can't seem to talk at a happy-medium level.

me too!! I'm usually too loud though......

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

I don't mumble, but I speak quietly. The problem is that I speak at a volume that is comfortable to me. Everyone else speaks too loudly. :lol:

el_salvador
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2011, 7:37 pm

I usually mumble, then if someone doesn't understand what I'm saying I'll shout, to which they'll usually respond "Alright! Alright!" and leave me alone.

Xenia
Raven
Raven

11 Mar 2011, 7:43 pm

I mumble and get moaned at for doing so.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2011, 7:51 pm

I'm oh so quiet. I have to really speak up to be heard in stores. I don't think I mumble, everything I say is very clear. It's just at a volume that fits in better with a quiet country side than a heavily noise polluted mall that's probably above the danger limits in decibel levels.

Oh, I do get loud when I can't hear very well due to sensory issues from noise getting too much. But that's simply because I'm trying to make myself heard over the noise. I know the noise doesn't sound as loud to other people, but I can't even hear myself speak to make sure I'm saying the right thing if I speak normally.

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

I am too quiet. For some reason, when I attempt to catch someone's attention across a classroom or even when they're walking a few paces in front of me, they appear completely unaware of my voice. I'm not that horrible of a person :lol: , and this has happened on multiple occasions, so I'm guessing they really can't hear me after all.

sandrana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2011, 10:30 pm

I'm quiet in conversation, but I really enjoy shouting and singing really loud--it just feels good! only done in the home though, or in remote locations, like camping.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 12:33 am

I mumble most of the time! But I listen to loud music I don't realise I raise my voice higher, like yelling

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 1:42 am

This thread should have been a poll. I'm very quiet and soft spoken, and hate loud noises and loud people. Even reading this thread reading the people that are loud annoy me. I physically can't speak very loud it seems and is quite an effort to speak loud.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 4:22 am

I'm quiet.

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 4:42 am

My voice is strong, loud and clear as long as I feel comfortable. If I'm like anxious, I can't help not to mumble.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 5:05 am

I have issues controlling my voice. When there are background noises (especially traffic noises), I am pretty much shouting to hear myself.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Xenia
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2011, 5:09 am

Charges wrote:
I am too quiet. For some reason, when I attempt to catch someone's attention across a classroom or even when they're walking a few paces in front of me, they appear completely unaware of my voice. I'm not that horrible of a person :lol: , and this has happened on multiple occasions, so I'm guessing they really can't hear me after all.

Happens to me all the time at work, I'm sure I am invisible, I have worked hard to speak louder and really do sound loud enough to me yet people always carry on as if I haven't spoken.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 6:05 am

I mumble. People are constantly asking me to speak up a bit. On occasion, I will get really involved in something, and then I speak a lot louder. I suspect that I may be talking too loud, but I am not sure. I don't seem to be able to regulate my voice the way that other people do.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 6:55 am

When i was small i thought that if I could hear myself everybody else should be able to hear me too :D
Now I speak too fast, but the last time I heard "speak up" was a long time ago, so I guess I'm better!

Last edited by ediself on 12 Mar 2011, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2011, 6:57 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I talk very loudly. I don't mean to; it just happens when I'm excited.

Me too. Its something I've really had to work hard on trying to stop.