Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KEWLGUY
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2007, 9:17 am

Does anyone here get bullied for thier speech.I think I have aspergers.(I have never had any friends..)I fit most of the stuff about it except I dont have any intense interest(I dont have any interest.)I dont think I have the sensory problems either even thought I dont like to be touched thought.I get made fun of alot for my voice(it sounds different I dont know how to describe it but it suxs.)and I sometimes mispronounce syllables especcially /a/ as in war or water.(I hate hearing myself speak.)and that may be why I have no friends or anything.When I was younger I did have the stereotyped movement(alot)wheni was younger but not anymore.I also had the intense interest when I was younger....

so question 1 could I have aspergers.

question 2 Anybody with aspergers get made fun of for thier voice.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 12:21 pm

Quote:
question 2 Anybody with aspergers get made fun of for thier voice.

Not so much normally but when kids were teasing me and I became stressed my voice would become slow and I would mispronounce syllables - this of course gave then more ammunition to tease me - other kids can be very crawl.
Quote:
so question 1 could I have aspergers.

'frade I'm not even going to attempt that one :( but is a possibility.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 12:52 pm

It seems to me you likely have AS. Maybe you could go into more detail?
I got made fun of for my voice a little in middle school and a little recently. I sing very well but my voice can get naselly.
I don't have an intense interest, though I do have some interests.

KEWLGUY
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2007, 2:21 pm

well Im in high school and i have never once had a friend.I get made fun of mainly for my voice I think.It isnt when I am in a bad situation or something it is all the time.I dont know how to describe my voice.I also have problems understanding what people are saying especcially when alot of people are talking.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 2:32 pm

When I was in high school, I had people laugh when I read out loud. I wasn't called on to read aloud very often. As for not understanding people when several are talking, look up CAPD (Centralized Auditory Processing Disorder). I have the same problem. I also have trouble understanding most singers who sing with a whispery voice, as well as rappers who speak rapidly.