Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 1:43 pm

I have had many, many premonitions! A lot of the time I would be saying/doing/thinking something and then I remembered that it had already happened before exactly like that, in a dream!

I had a dream on September 9th, 2001 where the WTC blew up; then it did two days later!

I had lost my geography textbook in grade 7 and was worried. I had a dream where I opened my desk, moved some stuff aside and found it. The next day I opened my desk, moved the same stuff aside and found it exactly where it was in the dream!

In grade 12 I had a dream where I was sitting in class with my acquaintance in front of me wearing her pink woolen sweater, looking in a certain direction. The next day I found myself in that class and there she was sitting in front of me in that sweater, looking in that direction.

I had a dream where there was a terrorist attack. I was in world issues class and suddenly someone came to the door and said that there had been a terrorist attack, and to come out into the hall and watch the news. We went out into the hall, sat down on the floor and watched the news on a TV on a stand. On it, military men in gas masks and protective gear walked down a street in an American city that looked deserted and devastated. Apparently, someone had dropped a biological agent on the city and there was a major catastrophe, and it was probable Al Qaeda. I went on Google or Yahoo news the next day, and learned that not long ago a plot like that was rumored to be in the planning stages, over an American city that looked like the one I'd seen in the dream... I later told this dream to some people in my writing group in creative writing class and this girl in the group who was a rebel, very opinionated and also in my world issues class said that she had premonitions too. She asked if we had been watching the news out in the hallway in my dream. I said yes! :o

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 2:14 pm

I've never had any premonition about anything major, but the more trivial instances you describe remind me of one week when I was about 15-16 when everything I dreamt about seemed to happen. Not exactly a photographic image of how it was in my dream, but the same things, like a bit of the future was being fed into my subconscious along with the past & all the other stuff.

1) We always had a double-decker bus to take us to school. One night I dreamt we had a single-decker & the next day we did.

2) I dreamt I picked up a dirty plate in the cafeteria & the next day I did.

3) I dreamt I missed a bus because I was waiting in the wrong place. That weekend I did (although the circumstances were diferent).

Any one of these dreams on its own would have just been a coincidence, it was the fact they were all in the same week that was weird. I guess there was some hole in the space-time continuum at around that point or something! This has never happened like this to me since, although I agree with you that "deja vu" is when we have already dreamt something as this did happen to me once when I remembered having had the dream.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2007, 2:51 pm

Again not of anything particularly serious, but of trivial things I have had many.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 3:26 pm

Mr_Winston wrote:
Again not of anything particularly serious, but of trivial things I have had many.

It's like in my case - I saw those things in my dreams what for me seemed to be simply a peculiarity of mine but when I was 12 once I heard other girls talking about premonitions and one of them said that she sometimes saw in her dreams some things that were going to happen.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 3:36 pm

I've had many dreams about things happening. I also had a dream about airliners going into the world trade center and around a month later it happened. Then in 2004, I had many dreams about the tsunami and it obviously happened. 230,000 people died. I've had dreams about plane crashes like one time I had a dream about a 737 crashing in a third world country and it did 2 days later. Airliners don't crash that often. Only a few times a year world wide! I predicted several bombings in Iraq and world wide. Once I had a dream and I was reading on the internet in the dream ( how sad is that? I even go on the internet in my dreams!) and the top story said, "200 killed in a huge bombing in Iraq." When I got up the next morning, I saw a similar story on the internet and for Iraq this does not occur every day. Bombings happen everyday but not that size. On that day 230 people died in Iraq. How peaceful! I have seen terrorist plots in my dreams that became real or we stopped it in time and it made the news. One such plot was last year and I saw many airliners falling from the sky and exploding. As everyone knows this plot came within days of happening but it was stopped in time oh thank God for that! I have seen crime in my dreams before it took place such as some murders. One of them was close to where I live ( less than 20 minutes) and it happened in a small town where murders never take place and I predicted it with some details! I knew that it would be in a small town close to where we live! But since so many of my dreams became reality, I believe that I influenced all these events and am responsible for 350,000 deaths. I also predicted several big earthquakes. If you add up all the deaths from the dreams that became reality, that's how I came to the number 350,000 people. I even predicted the Israeli/ Lebanon War last year as well! Two days before it happened! But I can't predict simple things in my own life. I don't know what is going to happen to me or my family in the future.

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2007, 3:37 pm

I had a couple of very detailed ones during my early 20's, names/numbers and sequences of events matching. I realized that many people believe in falsehoods though and are very eager to discuss those in public, so I decided to stop talking about the premonitions for fear of being associated with these irrational people, even though I was certain about my own ones being true.

Nafydalgol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2007, 4:06 pm

This may sound like a really weird story, but I had always thought that John Denver (the singer) had died in a plane crash while in fact he was still alive. Later on he did die in a plane crash. But that's probably just a strange coincidence. I don't really believe in premonitions.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 4:06 pm

I have premonitions all the time as well,although they are more connected to coincidences
or synchronicity.Most of them concern seemingly trivial events but the fact they happen
continually makes it something I believe may involve powers that we can't explain.As an
example,today I left my newspaper behind at work and considered buying another one.
While on the train home I noticed that someone must have accidentally left their own paper,
the same edition,just opposite where I'd chosen to stand. Not an earth-shattering event taken
in isolation but similar things happen a lot.One day I started talking to a colleague about a
football player called David Elliot,when a phone call came through to me from a customer
called - David Elliot.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 5:05 pm

I'm a much bigger believer in coincidence that premonition, but in all honesty, I've had dreams all my life where it seems a little too coincidental. It's enough information to know something is going to happen, but not enough to know exactly what or two whom before it does. I hate the dreams, I always have, and I've done everything to try to encourage other dreaming lol

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:28 pm

Just before Jeff Buckley died I said out loud to my boyfriend at the time, that of all my favorite living musicians, I thought he was the most likely to die young...I found out he had died a short time later..possibly a day or so.

I was once kinda sorta obsessed with this horrible guy and i woud dream about him right before he would come into town like clockwork.

I had a dream in which a certain person burned several items that were valuable to me, and sure enough it happened a few days later.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 8:22 pm

I've had some situations like this before. Dreams of future things and such. It happened mostly during adolescence. Sometimes I think it still happens but I don't make a big deal of it.
I kept a rather detailed dream journal during adolescence in the hopes of catching one of these and one day I did. I had one place, the specific view, feeling and atmosphere all experienced beforehand and noted in my journal before it happened. It's the only one I definitely caught from my journal and left little room for doubt to me that this was possible. Also since it was something rather ordinary, yet specific, made it more believable. I would have been more suspicious had it been something of a major event.
Of course I like to understand things so I've spent many years ruminating to myself on how this could happen.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 12:47 pm

I was sitting in the gym with the rest of the school. I was in grade 7. They were drawing names of people to go home with certain prizes for something. The third time they were about to draw a name, I remember getting this very very intense feeling that they would draw my name. They did.

At sailing camp when I was 15 I was at the awards ceremony, and I got this very intense feeling that the next award would go to me. It did. My parents, who were also there, both had that same very intense feeling just before it happened.

When I was getting ready to go to my aunt's house one time, I remember wondering if there would be another power failure while we were there. (Twice when we went over there the power went out, and it never happened when we weren't there!) I remember my mind wandering and then I was thinking for some stupid reason that we might watch the movie called The Ice Storm. They had never had that movie before, though we had been watching it when the power went out one time when we were there! I went there and my cousins were planning on watching a movie; they asked me what movie I wanted to watch. One of the selections was The Ice Storm!

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 3:56 pm

I've had several over the years that have come true.

The scary thing is that I have one that relates to me personally.

I'm gonna die very young

I know that sounds kind of generic, but I've had it for ten years now. It could happen at any time, and I've had a couple of close calls.

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 4:53 pm

Of course. I think most people have premonitions.