Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:19 pm

Do people trust you?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:22 pm

I can't say I have open trust in anyone, but I'm not quick to dismiss someone based on it either...

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:23 pm

I trust some, but I feel a bit unsafe sometimes and find it difficult to trust others... as for people trusting me - yeah... I don't think there are people who have a distrust for me...

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:25 pm

I'll never gie anyone by full trust - I did that once. he used it against me eventually. He felt bad afterward but the damage was done.

But there are few people I trust, who I can tell most anything to. If not verbally through email

mlapere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2007, 1:50 pm

I really don't trust people at all; I have been diagnosed with ADHD/depression/anxiety and suspect I have Auspergers. I think this comes from the ability that we have to see through people, even if they don't believe we can. Somehow we can tell (or at least think we can) what people are thinking unconciously, what motivates their behavior. I am really sensitive to ingenuine behavior and people; I hate it when people try to manipulate me, and I try not to do it to other people. But trust issues may be why I have no friends. :D

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:51 pm

People seem to trust me a lot. . .

I trust people to be themselves.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 2:02 pm

I don't really trust anyone except my mom and my poodle, and I don't even absolutely 100% trust my mom. I don't know how people trust me-I'm pretty sure people trust me.

I don't know that my not trusting people has anything to do with AS, as I was abused as a child so that probably caused it (and had progressively fewer friends in school).

frankwah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2007, 2:57 pm

I've often displayed myself to be a person of integrity and a good listener. As a result, people have often told me many extremely personal things. So yeah, it appears when they get past my quirks, they trust me quite a bit. Sometimes it's like as if I have a sign on my head saying "confide in me."

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 3:06 pm

It's hard for me to trust. Been betrayed a lot. I think people perceive me as open minded and they will confide in me. I'm a pretty good listener. Do they trust me? I don't know. It hurts when they don't - since I don't think I've given people reason NOT to. I keep my word. And if I don't will let them know I can't. Sometimes people will pre-judge me, and that is very painful for me.

Most of the time I can read body language, sense emotional states and basically read between the lines. I have zero tolerance for insincerity though - and can be very critical in my judgments when I pick this up. Someone once told me that what I perceive in others is really what's inside of me and that everyone's my mirror. That scared me and gave me a wake up jolt to the core. I also don't have friends of the human kind - but animals and trees have always been constant. Hoping things improve.......

mlapere wrote:
I really don't trust people at all; I have been diagnosed with ADHD/depression/anxiety and suspect I have Auspergers. I think this comes from the ability that we have to see through people, even if they don't believe we can. Somehow we can tell (or at least think we can) what people are thinking unconciously, what motivates their behavior. I am really sensitive to ingenuine behavior and people; I hate it when people try to manipulate me, and I try not to do it to other people. But trust issues may be why I have no friends. :D

jijin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Sep 2007, 3:13 pm

jjstar wrote:
Do You Trust ANYONE?

No. Never have, probably never will.

jjstar wrote:
Do people trust you?

I guess... I'm not positive about that though

DISCLAIMER: I'm a paranoid idiot.

Cause we don?t clean up our own s**t
And when refused we throw a fit
As we scream ?I don-wanna-hear-it?

Cooper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2007, 3:36 pm

I trust my parents 100%. I used to distrust them, because my difficulty in reading faces meant that I mistook their "we are talking seriously about something right now" look with the "I hate my child and want to hurt it look" that you see on evil characters' faces on television. I figured out that I didn't read expressions correctly earlier this year, and my relationship with them immediately improved. I don't trust anyone else in the sense of feeling that they definitely will not hurt me emotionally on purpose, but I "trust" them to behave in ways that are predictable enough that I can relax somewhat around them. It's kind of sad to have to rely on my parents for emotional support at age 23, but I think they like having me around, so I don't dwell on it.

Does anyone trust me? No idea. Everyone in my life knows that I'm going to have horrific tantrums occasionally and that I can't remember things like "return the movie rentals tonight after work". I hope I'm trustworthy in the sense of not deliberately trying to hurt others, though.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 3:47 pm

I only trust my mum as she has supported me other ppl just b***h dats all.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 4:45 pm

I hear people talking negatively about others all the time, and I'm almost positive that people have to be talking s**t about me when I'm not around.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 4:57 pm

It's sometimes hard to trust people fully, since I'd trusted people i thought were friends in the past only to be used and stuff. I have a very limited # of people I can honestly call true friends, and there's my BF... even then I still never want to divulge everything to everyone--- trust is sometimes an issue.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 5:29 pm

The more people hurt me, the less trust I have to give ANYONE.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2007, 5:30 pm

there was a time in my life when i would trust absolutely anybody and that got me in trouble too. Now I dont trust a damn soul but my gf.