Observations made on your Skool Report .

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dieselsmoke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2007, 8:43 am

My end of term School Reports where always the same.
(See below.)

The teachers where not accomadating to 'different'. :roll:
My dad would knock me around the head or give me a belting with my lousy Reports...we had class rating, in who was first to who was last...I was usually at numbers 42 to 48.....the bottom......there where 48 people in my class.

On my very last year at school I decided that I would not try at all...stuff the blasted exams...screw the results.
I ace'd all of them and come to find I had highest end of term exam marks since the school was opened way back in 190? summat.

Wow...would dad be pleased...I gave him the glowing report at tea time that evening.
He read it slowly and then lashed out at me.

He said " Why couldn't you have done this before?"

Two days later I left home for good.

Dad and I are now, some 50 years later, best of pals....who'd a' thunk it ?

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:23 am

I did well in academics, but poorly in social skills.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:55 am

I did poorly in academics, and uber-poorly in social skills. I excelled in those silly standardised tests and also in art and music.

I don't think I ever brought home a good report card. My "work and play well with others" and "listens well in class grades were dismal"....and I would either never know what the homework was or have meltdowns when faced with doing it..

This mostly relates to when I was younger.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

14 Oct 2007, 10:05 am

I was always refered to on EVERY school report as "quiet".

A lot of my school reports said things like...

"Manages time effectively".
"Is very thorough when giving written explanations but not so verbally".
"Seems to have trouble in group activities and prefers to work alone".
"Needs to ask for help when is having trouble".

There were some other things that I can't remember.

I do remember one very nasty comment that one of my teachers make on a report, she said...

"Is sometimes inappropriate during assembly time".

JustSteph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2007, 10:35 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
I was always refered to on EVERY school report as "quiet".

A lot of my school reports said things like...

"Manages time effectively".
"Is very thorough when giving written explanations but not so verbally".
"Seems to have trouble in group activities and prefers to work alone".
"Needs to ask for help when is having trouble".

There were some other things that I can't remember.

It's always the same for me aswell

Stockton
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2007, 11:10 am

All the comments I ever got were generic, nothing special.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2007, 11:14 am

I've always done well in academics and very well in social skills, from the reports that I hacked into my mom's email to read. :wink:

The one thing teachers have always said is that I'm "rude" or call out too much, but honestly I don't more than any of my other classmates, and that's purely personality anyway.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Oct 2007, 11:22 am

didnt get along with other kids, didnt ask questions, didnt get along with his stepdad, was hard to get to know, didnt like group actiivites, was anxious, was shy etc.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 12:15 pm

This is what I remember:
"Shyness is indicative of immaturity."
"Does not interact with others"
"Unresponsive"
"Stares into space"
"We've tried moving her desk all around the room, but she still stares out the window all day."
"Although grappling with mundane things such as spelling and handwriting, Kim shows an impressive command of written language."
I was considered an underachiever because of the huge gap between my standardized test scores and grades. I didn't see the point of doing the same math or vocab problems ad nauseum so I would choose to spend my time more productively, making up stories.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 12:33 pm

That sounds alot like me...the gap between my test scores and my grades...and the making up stories. I HAD to have a "doodle" pad at my desk with me...esp. around 4th and 5th grades...and that is still something I do....for jotting down stories, ideas, sketches, making up advertisements for imaginary products...etc..

I also had difficulty managing my school supplies..there were frequent notes about that one. I was severely disorganised...all my pens and pencils constantly dissapeared...(or died horrible deaths)

One class I did excell in was the library...(they actually gave us assignments and grades for activites when we went to the library and i generally scored better than anyone else in there)..I also vollunteered as a student library aid at the public library...(around 4th/5th grade)...my fondness for the library, coupled with my obsession with puppets ended up in a minor didaster...long story....

:wink: Some report card notes i have made up are

"Insists on reading during PE"
"Refuses to play kick ball"
"Has to leave the classroom everytime we spray Lysol"
"Wears clothes to school backwards"
"Keeps exploding her pens all over desk and mangling pencils beyond recognition"
and um...
"Won't stop asking to go to the nurses' office"

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 1:16 pm

I did very well in school academically until puberty. Then anxiety controlled my life and I only did well in music, writing and foriegn language classes. In grade school, a teacher wrote on the back of my report card that I need to realize that we live in a world full of human beings not animals. I'd spent my recesses finding snakes and caterpillers and not play with the other kids.

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Oct 2007, 2:11 pm

When I would get round to doing my homework, instead of my interests, the marks would be good. Come exam time, which I hated because being questioned on my knowledge scared me, results were always bad. Hated exams. Still do.
Only ever good at Geography when it came to maps and geology.
Only ever good at English when it came to starring in plays. I never had to be me...
Maths was a baddie.
So was Chemistry.
Had to drop Physics.
Loved languages, History, Art, IT, and library time.
Could never pass oral tests, because it meant talking aloud. School reports would always be centred around quiet, shy, never asks questions, dilgent, keeps himself to himself, looks out of the window a lot. Come school quiz time, or those tests to determine what sort of career you would be suited to, I was away. I think a statistician was a recommended job for me. I shall find the report and come back with answers. I would be dragging my house quiz team to victory because I was full of stuff no one else could think of. I had to elect my own spokesperson, of course. No way I was going to raise my voice for other people to hear.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

Sapphix
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2007, 2:26 pm

I loved exams, but in my country, they were always written, never oral - thank goodness. I wouldn't have succeeded academically, if they were. My results were always very high in the subjects I was interested in, and very low in those I wasn't. Teachers, therefore, thought that my "lack of application in some subjects belied my ability". Most described me as as very talented, shy and immature.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2007, 2:32 pm

I did relatively average-bad in elementary school, and I'm not sure why. Either the other subjects weren't interesting enough to me, so I lacked the want to study them, or it was English and I didn't understand the characters because I didn't understand emotions or why people feel the way they do, or I simply didn't know how to study. I occasionally still have problems with that now because I find myself asking what I should be studying, and what I need to know. I know it's all there in the announcements the professor or teacher explains, but I don't know how to go about doing it. Do I memorize this, or is it not important, or how do I use it? Where do I go to look for the stuff I need to know? This is probably why I've diverted my attention on math because I ask these questions the least with it. But English was probably my worst subject in elementary school. They would ask me questions I didn't know how to answer if they weren't written literally in the book, and I'd never be able to figure out what the answer was--I used to sit there thinking, "if it's not explained in the book, how the hell should I answer this question? That's not fair." Despite doing well in grammar and spelling (since it's a mechanical algorithm not unlike math) it probably didn't save me from getting a bad mark in English. My only few saving graces (mostly) was in math and art. I enjoyed art, and drew all the time when I was young; I still draw as a hobby. I found math easiest to understand, and figuring out how to add, subtract, multiply and divide didn't bother me. In fact, they got easier. I don't think I realized it then, but it didn't occur to me that maybe I might have enjoyed it. I didn't intend to join the math challenge class for the brighter students in high school because I wasn't interested, but was accidentally placed in one, but decided to let it slip so I could see what it was like. It wasn't too bad at all. I aced it too, and continued on into the other math challenge classes. By the time I graduated, I started to realize that maybe I actually do enjoy doing math. This was probably also helped by the fact that my grade 12 math teacher kicked ass. In fact, looking at my grade 12 report, math was actually one of the highest grades I got, of all the other subjects I took. I didn't do too badly in high school. I ended up joining the other challenge classes, and doing better, probably because I learned to memorize things while studying, but that only works for high school. My grades in university were still highest in math, so I was lead into taking more math courses. I didn't fail English in high school and nearly aced it with the help of a friendly English tutor, and careful selections of good English teachers.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

Sapphix
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Oct 2007, 2:33 pm

Oh, and forgot to mention that whilst I was never a prefect (never had any desire to be a leader, in that sense) I was always the class librarian...naturally.

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Oct 2007, 3:31 pm

Thinking about it, I was made prefect, and I waged my personal war against the bullies. What a joy that was. Redefining the rules to protect the little guy. All I needed was a secret identity, a costume and a bow and arrow... 8O wait a minute.
I got into more trouble for zoning in on bullies than my own problems. For some reason the deputy head didn't like me coming into her office every lunch time with some goit who was picking on a kid for being like me.
Takes his responsibility as a prefect too seriously... :D

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya