Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sleng
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2007, 7:47 am

Yeah, I wish I could go back to childhood. I think when I was about... seven I decided that I wanted to stay that age forever. I could be as shy as I wanted to and people would leave me alone. My perents didn't think anything was really wrong with me (other then ADD) when I was a child, but now, at 18, all my little social paranoias are becoming unavoidable. I'm going to have to get a job this summer- my mother wants me to work at the grocery store at the check-out, but the thought of having to talk to all those people, over and over and over again... I would give almost anything to be seven again.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 8:49 am

No, I like where I am now.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 3:48 pm

Yes, but only to an age prior to around 8 years old.
Everything seemed so much lighter and safer back then, and was not so jaded in ways.
In many ways I often feel like a child trapped in an adult world. :oops:

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2007, 3:56 pm

If I had the opertunity to go all the way back and live life all over again from day 1 I would absolutly. While I do fine in adult life, I have always had the desire to go back, maby not change anything if I could actually... I miss childhood, my memories are more important then all I own.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 5:36 pm

I wish I was little today, so I can get all those therapies that they have for children with autism today. Other then that I'm still very much 3 years old inside, but 22 going on 23 years old on the outside :lol:

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 9:09 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
No way!! ! I'm so glad my childhood is far behind me, and I wouldn't go back for all the money in the world; I'm serious. I like being an adult: I have freedom, friendships, choice of food at every meal, being able to stay up as late as I want, and the enjoyment of sex. In addition, time seems to flow at a very reasonable rate now (I'm 24), while during childhood, it dragged reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally slowly. Bluntly put, given a choice between death and going through childhood again, I'd choose death.

Yep, that pretty much says it all for me.