Do people ever think badly of you because of asperger?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Garrett
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2007, 6:53 am

I get called all kinds of nasty names because of it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 6:53 am

I haven't been treated badly because of AS.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 8:08 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I haven't been treated badly because of AS.

Tim

ah! Tim, who could treat you badly! Your dear charm would ward them off like JarJar Binks' force field!

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 8:10 am

however, not having the best attitude and not expecting the other person to have the best attitude, I have to struggle with AS and how other's perceive me constantly.

Merle

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 9:30 am

I've had people call me names and bully me but, these days, I simply try to tune it out and not focus on such with great attention.Yes, I'll always be different but, I don't mind such notions though as was Einstein, Thomas Edison, and many others whom thought in an unorthodoxical style.

ProfessorX

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Oct 2007, 10:14 am

only online. one of my sisters can get nasty with me but overall not really

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

15 Oct 2007, 10:42 am

Garrett wrote:
I get called all kinds of nasty names because of it.

ditto...
In real life I have been called many names. I don't really care now though.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 11:40 am

I've never been called names to my face, except 'smart-aleck', but have been vilified behind my back.

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2007, 11:43 am

Yes. My family (not including my mom) all treat me badly. I was treated like crap at school. I don't have any friends. People think I am weird.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 11:54 am

Nopers, although there are often misunderstandings like - lol when they don't know about it... if I act in what may seem unusual or indeed lol the ol' 'thick' they may call me an idiot... that happened today: -

Drummer playing loudly in music practice room... I asked a fellow guitarist if he had his guitar tuner on him today, he thought, as I mumble and there was a noise distraction that I said "Chair" and not tuner...

I kept looking around, as he kept saying "There's a chair there" pointing to where one was very obviously close to me... I kept looking around and pondering whether he said chair or tuner, then eventually I just reached for his guitar case and looked inside for the tuner, which wasn't in there. I then asked as the drummer stopped "Where's the tuner?" He said "I ain't got it on me. You idiot" I replied "Yeah I was talking about the f****** tuner not the f****** chair"

lol

15 Oct 2007, 12:38 pm

I was treated bad as a kid but as an adult I haven't had s**t from people. Only from as*holes online.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 12:44 pm

samtoo wrote:

I replied "Yeah I was talking about the f****** tuner not the f****** chair"

Well HEY! If you see them as serving the same purpose, what is the difference. :lol: WOW, some people really ARE lonely! 8O :? You know, beggers can't be choosers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 8:00 am

yeah, I get the bully sitting across from me. I have learned not to take it too seriously because in the year and a half I have been there at work, I have watched her bully others too. She is a equal opportunity bullier.

But the rolling of the eyes of other co workers, the meaningful looks given between one or two of them. they all sit together at lunch in the lunch room and I sit at the end of the table reading my magazine while they all chat and laugh down at their end. Then I go back to work and they are all there, treating me as a member of the team.
They don't seem to think there is anything odd about the arrangement.

But when I go to obviously NT places. Hair Salons, acrylic nail salons, bikini and facial waxing salons. Those women can spot me as a pretender in a heartbeat, especially the more intensely social, like the Hmong peoples, oh ,the ladies from Hong Kong. Sometimes they just refuse to do my hair or nails or waxing outright in a burst of their language, walking away shaking their heads. Or they take me on and later refuse to do me again.
Once an otherwise nice white lady from Arkansas told me I was too young to be in my body, and did my mother know I was out? ( I was in my forties!)

So I guess I am 'out' whether I would be or not. I guess I just never noticed cause I was too busy interpreting OTHERS !

Merle

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 8:12 am

I dont think I can say I was treated badly because of my AS, I was bullied until high school but I was never insulted or bullied specifically for having aspergers. I was bullied for everything that comes with AS, but not the AS itself, so can you say thats the same thing?

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2007, 10:21 am

I have not been treated badly because of AS.

Noa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2007, 12:08 pm

People treat me much worse for the pathological laziness, self-loathing, emotional immaturity, amotivation, indifferent self-care (this is relatively recent) and pessimism than they do for having Asperger's.