Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Tukuturi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2011, 12:19 am

I can't ever seem to find my shoes, my keys, or things that people are pointing at. Once I got lost on the street that I lived on, where all the houses looked the same. I spent the last three days looking for a particular pair of pants. I looked in the closet several times. Finally, I asked my fiance, and she pulled them out of the closet in about fifteen seconds of rifling through the clothes hanging in there. Does this sort of thing happen to you?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Nov 2011, 12:32 am

No, it's more likely that I'd be in your fiance's position. My niece couldn't find the mustard in the fridge, and I moved the milk aside to reveal the mustard contained inside.

Tukuturi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

Finding stuff in the fridge is the worst. Those condiments are always hiding.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

Tukuturi wrote:
Finding stuff in the fridge is the worst. Those condiments are always hiding.

:lol:

Well, I guess it's only natural that that happens. She's a seven year old with ADD.

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2011, 12:49 am

It happens all the time. I waste way too much time looking for things I misplaced.

Shellfish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2011, 1:00 am

I think this means that you are a man and your fiance is a woman :D

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 1:34 am

But it truly wasn't there before my mom looked! D:

dancing_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2011, 1:57 am

That's nothing: when my Mom came to visit a few weeks ago, I not only accidentally let the taxi let us off at the apartment building next door (which in my defense, looks very similar), but got 1) past the lobby due to some other apartment dwellers letting us into the building (which my key didn't work in, but I assumed it was due to technical difficulties, which I had observed before in our lobby) and 2) got past the main elevators by the lobby, before I noticed that the hallway carpet looked strange (did they shampoo it? I wondered). It wasn't until I saw that the apartment numbers were labelled backwards to how I expected them (even vs. odd) that I realized we were in the wrong building (this was after approx. 10 min. during which I probably should have clued in).

Clearly I do not usually arrive at my apartment building by taxi, but take the bus.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 6:45 am

More than once I have searched in my closet for a particular item of clothing. I have even pushed aside each hanger slowly and still not found it. Then later, there it is. :roll:

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2011, 7:00 am

My cousin, the most NT person possible, once got into a car in a parking lot that looked exactly like hers (the key fit and everything) and then wondered why it looked different inside.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2011, 7:17 am

The last ;

"Hem... Where's my Ubuntu LiveCD..."
/me look for it during 30 minutes.
"Mom, have you seen it ?"
/she find it on my desk.
"Oh, thanks. Where's my mobile ?"

:>

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2011, 7:41 am

Tukuturi wrote:
I can't ever seem to find my shoes, my keys, or things that people are pointing at. Once I got lost on the street that I lived on, where all the houses looked the same. I spent the last three days looking for a particular pair of pants. I looked in the closet several times. Finally, I asked my fiance, and she pulled them out of the closet in about fifteen seconds of rifling through the clothes hanging in there. Does this sort of thing happen to you?

I do this all the time with my shoes and things like that. I was constantly losing my keys and locking them inside my car and then having to call my mom to bring the spare key. Finally, I got a looooong chain, attached it to my purse, and then put my keys on it. I've gotten some weird looks, but I've never lost my keys, or locked them in the car since! They're ALWAYS with my purse. =)

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

13 Nov 2011, 7:47 am

I lose things all the time, but don't notice for ages until I need to find them again.

I live in fear of losing my cell phone (that isn't even paid up! I just use it to keep phone numbers) and my sunglasses.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2011, 8:01 am

Verdandi wrote:
I lose things all the time, but don't notice for ages until I need to find them again.

I live in fear of losing my cell phone (that isn't even paid up! I just use it to keep phone numbers) and my sunglasses.

What may help is to get one of those little mini notebooks, and to list all the phone numbers into it. Keep that in your purse, or with something you never leave the house with. If you do lose your phone, you will be able to go back to the list to help you with numbers. This little mini notebook has been indispensable for me. I use it for phone numbers, if I'm frustrated I can write down my emotions and thoughts to help organize my feelings, or if I"m bored I can just write whatever in it. Also, it's good for little lists. I've got a few years of names, and the items next to it, for Christmas gifts. This way, I know I've not missed anyone, and when it comes time to wrap them up, I can refer back to it to remember what I actually bought for who.