Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 2:12 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Danielismyname and Who am I, how come you guys aren't embarrassed when you mix words up?

Why would I care? I see nothing to be embarrassed about concerning difficulties in verbal ability; like everyone, I have my strengths and weaknesses.

My verbal ability is one of my weaknesses, no big deal.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 2:39 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
KristaMeth wrote:
I often do things like that in real life. It's really embarrassing for me because I know it makes me sound really uneducated, and I'm not. Not sure if people realize it though. I think I just sound like a total ret*d.

WOW, I hope you don't hold everyone to that standard. To hear people on one forum, you would think my grammar is atrocious. My one saving grace is that I know that many of them are pretty bad, and I am exposed to a lot of bad grammar so it is amazing I don't pick it up. I also NEVER got less than a high B in english. That includes an english class I took in 11th where I might actually call the teacher a teacher. I think he had AS too! He stimmed(rocked like I do), started early, stayed late, spent his spare time looking in books like the dictionary, was strict and pedantic.

Still, I DO sometimes see mistakes, in my posts, and try to correct them. I know I may make lots of mistakes. At least nobody has ever asked me what country I am from, or spotted a really nasty error, except for a few times where I was basically half asleep when I wrote it.

For what it's worth, I don't think your posts make you look dumb.

Appreciate the reassurance.

Definitely don't hold anyone to anywhere near the same standards I hold myself to. I'm just really hard on myself, but tend to be more than accepting of others.