Total votes : 82

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 8:29 am

Which bothers you more:

People not turning up when they say they will

OR

People dropping in to see you unexpectedly.

The latter is more bothersome to me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

depth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2007, 8:34 am

Both are equally bad for me.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 8:36 am

Different dimensions, same severity.

On sabbatical...

alei
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2007, 8:44 am

I read the first one and was sure that was it, I hate being stood up. Then I read the other option. Oh my, I hate that with a passion too.

Good thing both was an option :twisted:

My artistic side: aleigirl.deviantart.com

My ramblings and insights on being an adult with Asperger's: http://alei-cat.blogspot.com/

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 8:54 am

I like to see people but on my terms so am upset when they don't come and don't know how to react when they do... :?

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2007, 9:15 am

people unexpectedly IS a problem, :oops: :( :? BUT not half as much as not being there when said would be. THAT does my head in. :x :( :x I can't bear unpunctuality.

8)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 9:25 am

A lack of congruency between word and deed has always bothered me. Fortunately, as I grow and become more accepting, it bothers me less.

- Emerson

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 9:32 am

The one dat pisses me of is whenever i try 2 meet up wid m8s of mine dey say dey will come but dey never turn up n i always tell dem if ur not comin give me a call or txt so dat i know if ur comin or not.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 9:45 am

Both are equally bad. People not honoring their commitments is bad. People dropping in unexpectedly-and staying practically forever-the two seem to go hand in hand, is annoying. It takes forever to get their butts unstuck from the seat and to get them out the door.

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2007, 11:14 am

To be honest, people don't drop by to see me...ever. So I voted for the former. I also hate people being ridiculously late. My dad used to do it a lot when I was a kid and then a couple of friends made promises to meet me that they didn't keep. And then they don't even apologise.

Much easier to have no friends! :-)

Capriccio
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2007, 12:10 pm

I love having people just drop in on me, unless I'm doing something important; shakes up the day for me because I spend so much time alone. As for not show, and--worse--not calling, that just upsets me because I plan my whole day around it. I've learned not to count on nothing happening, which is why I don't mind the latter of the two options.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 12:46 pm

I suppose my vote (the top one) is the most NT. :|

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

insomniakat
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2007, 12:48 pm

I hate them both and I also hate that people don't seem to understand that it is a problem.

-Terry Pratchett, Jingo - Discworld

duncansbass
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Location: Flatting thirds, fifths, and sevenths for over 20 years

03 Dec 2007, 12:53 pm

insomniakat wrote:
I hate them both and I also hate that people don't seem to understand that it is a problem.

Couldn't say it any better. They are equally bad, and the insensitive clods who do either one don't know me well enough to know it's a problem, or don't care. Either way, I see it as disrespectful to me.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 2:18 pm

I accepted the fact that a few people can be late for one reason or another without being able to help that. Being late every signle time is kind of rediculess though. I voted the 'dropps in unexpected', because it's so rude and selfish. If there isn't an emergancy, give a person time to fix things up for you and get ready if you could.

:roll: My grandfather dropped in unexpectidly to someone's place on purpose once, and I can't really blame them for being angry at him. After all, he was the only one that made plans.

I once had another friend who was sick with the flue, and some super JERK decided to enter their property uninvited and plant his $% tent on their freshly done grass. (yes, he messed up alot of it to. The nerve.) In that area grass is extremly hard to grow and keep healthy because the climate is pretty dry. That ars even got mad at her for not fixing his lazy butt a sandwitch! :x

I say they should have called the police to get him removed. Being a member of the same church congregation is certainly no excuse to be that stupid, in my oppinion.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 2:50 pm

We have a neighbor who randomly comes by and enters without knocking.
He just did it again today.
I thought the front door was locked, but it might have been unlocked for the plumber who I am waiting for...and who I hope will show up.

I can't stand this particular neighbor.
That is not the only problem I have with him.
He drives me crazy and he is a compulsive liar.

He always tries to be "helpful" but there is this creepy vibe and sense of entitlement he has that makes me freeze up around him....and then he preys upon the fact that I am intimidated by him.