Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 7:26 am

to feel or express satisfaction in one’s own success or achievement, especially in a triumphant or slightly nasty way.

sms.smyrna.k12.de.us/users/kwood/Mother%20and%20Daughter%20Vocab.htm

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2007, 7:39 am

I am not sure. Can't tell with some people because one person gets happy if you do something good while another person doesn't want to even hear it and will take it their own way.

I do hope oneday to say "take that you fools".

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:04 am

I don't know. There's something perverse about the *neye, neye, neye! In your face!* kind of behavior. I'd have to search deep to see if I ever employed it myself, though right off the bat, it's not my style...very immature, childish and juvenile. Even as a kid I was more of a either/or. Either you're great, either you're not - and that's fine - just don't make waves about it....

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2007, 8:06 am

Did something like that recently happen to you JJstar?

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:10 am

Kitsy wrote:
Did something like that recently happen to you JJstar?

Hm. I've noticed it here and there, in terms of one-upmanship - dog-eat-dog kind of behavior. Personally - it just slides off. I notice it - and it dissolves into nothingness. Just noticeable enough to make comment on and quesition its validity.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:33 am

Any gloating on my part would be unlikely. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. Most aspies don't seem like the gloat types to me either.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2007, 9:39 am

Their was a few times I will admit to gloating, maby in collage when I did so well and showed my grades off to some people. I suppose sometimes I gloat at work, I happen to be the top producer (cause I dont screw off or spend half the night talking, I get work done) and have made it known that I am the best hopeing itll earn me some recognition and maby even a reward. I also think a few times in elementary school I built a hand crank generator from scratch and then later a replica of how native Americans built long houses, it was fun and even got displayed at the school, so of course I made it known that I built them.

sinagua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2007, 11:36 am

Patting myself on the back once in a blue moon, that I do. Gloating in a nasty or mean-spirited way to others? Absolutely not. But I do admit to gloating in PRIVATE a few times. ;)