Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

themonkey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2008, 6:14 am

really really really really really wants as-diagnosis you will get it. Even if you really don't have aspergers.

themonkey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2008, 6:31 am

This is not provo

sim
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 6:46 am

Who wants an AS diagnosis unless you need help?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:10 am

I doubt it. From my observations here, they seem to be cautious, and even reluctant to give out labels unless you're seriously affected, or so stereotypical that they cannot refrain from giving it out.

I could really, really, really and really want a diagnosis of schizophrenia; would I be able to receive such without making it actually seriously affect my life through lying and acting? If I lied or acted in such a way, I'm going to be just as affected as a person who actually has it.

I don't think the there's that great a proportion of people out there who actually want a disorder compared to the majority who just want to know why they have [oftentimes severe] trouble with certain things.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:13 am

For adults here in NZ near impossible to be diagnosed, let alone find a good professional who can diagnose you.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 7:56 am

themonkey wrote:
really really really really really wants as-diagnosis you will get it. Even if you really don't have aspergers.

That's an opinion.Not a fact. :evil:

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2008, 8:00 am

Are you actively trying to mock Mw99? I sure he disagrees.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 8:37 am

What makes you think your doctors will give you that?

themonkey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2008, 11:58 am

I don't know maybe Im scared that I get as-diagnosis be'cause Im so stubborn about it and it will be wrong diagnosis in my case. Is thin possible?

I just think if depressed and with a lot of social problems dealing nt cryis and all the time say ''Im sure I have this'' they will give you it at the and. Im like that be'couse I just see that I have some social disorder I just can't read all social cues normally and my social skills suck big time. And Im very depressed. I don't feel anything. Haven't for 2 years and I don't go out. Im here alone :? '

Maybe Im just scared of wrong diagnosis.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 12:00 pm

demoluca wrote:
themonkey wrote:

That's an opinion.Not a fact. :evil:

I agree. and I like your quote thing :D

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2008, 12:15 pm

Cool, we should be sure to promote this to the general population as much as possible so that they can get in on the latest trend :roll:

As one who certainly didn't want a diagnosis, and who passed AS on to a child who has some serious limitations and problems because of AS, and who has many family members who have AS, I find your statement extremely offensive.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2008, 12:37 pm

I understand the fear of the wrong diagnosis. I have the same fear... I do have a lot of AS traits, but I'm sure plenty of them could be explained by something else. I am only seeking an AS diagnosis because I fell apart COMPLETELY upon living on my own in college, and I feel like I need help, and AS seems like the logical place to start because it certainly fits me better than anything else, as far as I can tell. I have major black and white thinking issues, obsessions, and I've never had a very successful social life, although I have had any maintained friends at various points in my life, and relationships, too. Luckily, I'm going to a real expert who is taking several sessions to diagnose me, which will give me confidence in any diagnosis I receive. I feel like there is a good chance she will diagnose me with AS, a good chance she will diagnose me with PDD-NOS, and a good chance she will just say that I have anxiety and while it's clear that I have many AS traits, my symptoms don't match the DSM-IV close enough to warrant a diagnosis (she has noted that my social difficulties do not seem bad enough, but I don't know).