Asperger's Syndrome - No Sense of Humor

Page 7 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jun 2010, 3:42 pm

jjstar wrote:
Dry, stone, cold and zero humor unless it's at the expense of someone else's misfortune. True or false? And no fibbing either.

i dont have a sence of humor!! ! no understand of it................ i often can get very upset over little things becouse they are post to be a joke when i dont now if it a joke or real!! :?

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:13 pm

This thread's pretty old, but I'll post anyway.
I do have a sense of humor. Don't know if it's good or bad, because good and bad are relative. Strangely enough, though, autistic people tend to be the ones who get my humour the best. Same with me and other autistic people making jokes - I almost always find them funny. Not to say that I don't find NT jokes funny, but there are times when an NT might say something funny and have everyone laughing except for me. If I'm with a group of autistics and there are some NTs in the room, as well, we could all laugh at something really hard but the NTs don't find it nearly as funny.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:24 pm

I've never had much of a sence of humor myself. But making fun of another's plight has never been funny to me and when people think it's funny to watch an animal be hurt or abused just makes me sick. I know Itchy & Stratchy is just a cartoon but it is a sick cartoon and people who find that sort of thing funny seriously need their heads exaimed. Slapstick humor isn't humorious at all to me. Humor is an alien concept to me.

kia_williams
Raven
Raven

13 Jun 2010, 7:30 pm

jjstar wrote:
Dry, stone, cold and zero humor unless it's at the expense of someone else's misfortune. True or false? And no fibbing either.

False
Definitive english person, dry sardonic occasionally bitchy but most just dry and a bit sarcastic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:33 pm

I have a very dry sense of humour.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:34 pm

I sometimes have a very sick/macabre sense of humer. I don't have a normal sense of humor.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 9:50 pm

jjstar wrote:

Not in my case. I actually asked my psychiatrist why people thought other peoples problems and downfalls were so funny and he told me that this is "typical humor". Guess I have non typical humor but it makes me laugh. All my life people have called me weird partially for my sense of humor, but as I said, Im amused. You dont have to be a stand up comedian or even make other people laugh to have a sense of humor.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 11:51 pm

false.

i frequently laugh until i'm crying.

but not at the expense of others - that's humor i find really unfunny.

i like non sequitur humor and dry british wit

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 2:52 am

Certainly not for me, I love comedy! I watch Mock The Week and all sorts of sitcoms, and I have a favourite comedian too (Frankie Boyle, and the people who complain about his jokes are the ones without the sense of humour who take things too seriously, not Aspies :roll: ).

Last edited by Asp-Z on 14 Jun 2010, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 3:40 am

Oh, I love humor!

It takes a lot--and I mean a lot--to offend me.

I absolutely adore dry humor, and implied humor; I also love racial humor, making fun of racial stereotypes and the like. And yes, I can just as easily laugh at my Autism or the Jewish heritage on my Mom's side as well.

I still do enjoy some sexually-related humor, but a lot of it is dying for me now that I'm close to 30. I never really found a lot of slapstick humor very funny, unless you had expert comedians like the Three Stooges doing it; most of it otherwise seemed poorly timed, and as though they were building up to it like half an hour beforehand.

I definitely love taboo humor as well; the type where you go "oh dude, that's so wrong", whatever the instance may be.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 3:40 am

Oh, I love humor!

I absolutely adore dry humor, and implied humor; I also love racial humor, making fun of racial stereotypes and the like. And yes, I can just as easily laugh at my Autism or the Jewish heritage on my Mom's side as well.

I still do enjoy some sexually-related humor, but a lot of it is dying for me now that I'm close to 30. I never really found a lot of slapstick humor very funny, unless you had expert comedians like the Three Stooges doing it; most of it otherwise seemed poorly timed, and as though they were building up to it like half an hour beforehand.

I definitely love taboo humor as well; the type where you go "oh dude, that's so wrong", whatever the instance may be.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 4:05 am

People think I'm boring, but they're not right.
I have sense of humour, but it's my own. I make funny rhymes, wordgames and parodies. I don't have fun of typical American comedies (like Ace Ventura or Scary Movie).

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 4:09 am

Valoyossa wrote:
People think I'm boring, but they're not right.
I have sense of humour, but it's my own. I make funny rhymes, wordgames and parodies. I don't have fun of typical American comedies (like Ace Ventura or Scary Movie).

But Scary Movie wasn't funny; Ace Venture is funny....well, it at least was a lot moreso when I was a teenager; I'd probably still enjoy it, but not roll over laughing as I did back then.

One thing I pick up on nowadays is a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor in a lot of things I never picked up on before.

For instance:

Tommy Boy--although pretty much a terrible movie when you're anything past your teens--is actually a parody of dark comedies about '80s business ventures. One thing that absolutely sells it is when Ray Zalinski, played by Dan Aykroyd, talks about his line in the movie: "I make car parts for the American working man, cause that's who I am, and that's who I care about; the truth is...I make care parts for the American working man cause I'm one hell of a salesman and he doesn't know any better!" Priceless; what makes the line even better is the fact that in real life he's Canadian.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 4:41 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
Oh, I love humor!

Are you a Frankie Boyle fan too then? If you don't know him, check some of his stuff out, here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvP1y1Y3Ho[/youtube]

The best comedians are the ones who say what everyone else is scared to IMO :P

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 4:58 am

he's not bad, but he comes off like a weird cross between David Tennant, Dennis Miller, and Sam Kinison; I have no issue with any of the three; the latter two are favorite comedians of mine, but this guy just doesn't pull it off the way they do/did.

I do like Russ Abbott, though.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 9:54 am

I hate mean spirited humor to make someone look foolish-attacking or making an innocent person the butt of a joke annoys me-movies like Dr Strangelove are hilarious-Peter Sellers was a master at comedy when he tells them he will not have anyone fighting in the war room. genius.