Ever been in jail / court because of AS?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 4:45 pm

I am involved in a dirty lawsuit right now against the school I last went to.

The school advertised specfic classes and a professional enviroment.

The classes were not taught and the teachers, students and faculity often used racial slurs .

I did what I though was right . I filed a complaint. I was immediatelly ostrcised and eventually kicked out of the school. Even now because of AS I'm having trouble understanding what the court process is all about.

I know if another friend of mine had gone he would NOT have had the trouble I did because he would have went along with things.

Please don't limit any responses to just similar situations. Right or wrong has AS landed you in legal trouble?

21 Jan 2008, 4:47 pm

Nope.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 4:54 pm

Yes, I do believe my AS has landed me in legal trouble, as I'm currently facing in a week.

Why? Because everyone where we live just "puts up" with the way things are. My neighbor has had the same injustice done at least 5 times in the last year, and his view is "that's just the way things are...you should just go with the flow..." Everyone that I speak with has had issues, they all complain to me about the things they've gone through, but at the end of the day, not a single one dares to complain to the people causing the problems, because it'll just make matters worse they say...

I on the other hand cannot accept the unfair treatment and when I do speak out, I get in trouble for it.

So, yes, I think my undiagnosed HFA/AS had ALOT to do with this issue.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 4:55 pm

Yes. I was cheated out of my part of an asset once by a cunning person. I took him to court and got half of my part back. It wouldn't have happened if I didn't have AS. And I've been in lots of trouble (not legal, though) for not going along and complaining and trying to bring truth to light.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 4:58 pm

Not yet.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2008, 5:01 pm

I had to go to court for speeding tickets. I kept laughing and smiling and I don't think the judged took kindly to it :oops:

I'm sure traffic violations are an NT/Aspie thing, ha.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 5:48 pm

whatamess wrote:
Yes, I do believe my AS has landed me in legal trouble, as I'm currently facing in a week.

Why? Because everyone where we live just "puts up" with the way things are. My neighbor has had the same injustice done at least 5 times in the last year, and his view is "that's just the way things are...you should just go with the flow..." Everyone that I speak with has had issues, they all complain to me about the things they've gone through, but at the end of the day, not a single one dares to complain to the people causing the problems, because it'll just make matters worse they say...

I on the other hand cannot accept the unfair treatment and when I do speak out, I get in trouble for it.

So, yes, I think my undiagnosed HFA/AS had ALOT to do with this issue.

I'd like to copy this word for word and hand it to my lawyer.
Bless you.

Why are we all accused of being so different when we all seem to share the same mind and soul on this site?

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 5:57 pm

You're welcome to copy it and take it as you please... :D

We're no good for NTs because we uncover their lies and of course, nobody wants to be known as a liar...

Remember that everyone seems to claim that justice, truth, etc...are important and virtues in this world...unfortunately, most people don't practice it...and the ones who attempt to practice it, are called "pain in the..."...

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 6:18 pm

I do know people who are merely a pain.

For example if my sandwich comes out and its got onions on it and I said no onions I just pick them off. Things happen. I have a friend who no amount of tips could make up for all the petty greif he causes. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I was at a theatre working. The movie was supposed to be in stereo one night but one of the speakers was broke. It's unfornunate but hey life happens.

But when I worked as a day camp councilor you bet I spoke up. These were peoples LIVES that was our business. Little people who could'nt stick up for themselves.

Sifr
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2008, 6:43 pm

TrueDave wrote:
I do know people who are merely a pain.

For example if my sandwich comes out and its got onions on it and I said no onions I just pick them off. Things happen. I have a friend who no amount of tips could make up for all the petty greif he causes. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Eh, on the food thing, there's this fast food place that always mixes up my orders. I say "No tomatoes or pickles" and I get a burger with T/P. I say "Onions and lettuce, with mustard", and I get a plain burger.

After some time I'm like "YES! HELLO? I AM NOT SURE IF YOU CAN HEAR ME BUT I WANT A BURGER WITH NO TOMATOES OR PICKLES, PLEASE?! THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DECIDE WHICH ITEM TO GIVE ME! NEITHER DOES IT IMPLY THAT I ONLY WANT TOMATOES AND PICKLES!"

Sadly I usually get a response of "Ok, Tomatoes and pickles. Do you want mayonnaise or mustard?" ARGHGHGHTH!! :x

Why can't they ever get my order right? :(

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 6:58 pm

Happened the day before yesterday.
I asked for the Tomato Cheese and Egg sandwich. Please make it a Fied egg. Oh and lettuce and mayo.

Since the sandwich already comes with lettuce and mayo maybe she thought me mentioning it meant leave it off.

It was tooo bad but I did'nt say anything.

I have no idea on this sandwich thing. Usually I know it's not going to come out right so I just order the one I can best tolerate, or goto Subway.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 6:59 pm

Happened the day before yesterday.
I asked for the Tomato Cheese and Egg sandwich. Please make it a Fried egg. Oh and lettuce and mayo.

Since the sandwich already comes with lettuce and mayo maybe she thought me mentioning it meant leave it off.

It was too bad but I did'nt say anything.

I have no idea on this sandwich thing. Usually I know it's not going to come out right so I just order the one I can best tolerate, or goto Subway.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 7:20 pm

TrueDave wrote:
Please don't limit any responses to just similar situations. Right or wrong has AS landed you in legal trouble?

Yes and I was in the wrong. It's been said that many AS people don't recognize or understand authority, and that was me.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:36 pm

Yeah,

I got a fraud charge because my mom and this stranger made me use my bank account that my mom made me have to hold money on a check for this lady who then wouldn't take the money. The check was the lady's mothers, and it didn't *seem* right, but then again I knew for instance mom used dad's credit cards ect. Still I brought it up to the bank teller, and she was like-that's fine!

It was really frustrating. I couldn't even address an envelope-but all of a sudden, here comes miss identity theft.

I got handcuffed, strip searched, had to bathe in front of a woman and sit in a room with some hyper active gansta that kept calling me wonder bread. I was thinking red dot, yellow dot, what's she trying to say?

I think things probably would have been ok if I could have verbalized the above. But I was asked yes/no ultimatum questions. And they needed someone because the story on the lady I guess was that she had stolen her moms checks and ran away. Now, they couldn't find her.

Did you cash the check-yes.
Did you fill out the check-yes/no--the girl made a big deal about me filling out the to and how much lines. And she signed.

It wasn't like hey want some money?
It was traumatizing-it didn't make sense, I kept sying no, I took it to my parent who ordered me to do it (long story about exactly what my mother is here and why she might have done this), I talked with the bank people, I tried to get ahold of the adult at the house where the lady was staying (christian lady-took in strays), I thought about calling the police, but I wasn't supposed to..

And then everything was fine-we got word that there was a problem, I started thinking of work to pay it back. I think the woman had left it in there for something like 3 months and then come and had me take half out. I tried to give her all of it, but--weird. I don't like thinking about it.
So the bank had been spoke to, I was assured that I wasn't going to be arrested by both them and the parent who had been dealing with them. I went in just to say-sorry and find out more about what happened, why and how to fix it, cause the parent wasnt giving up.

Then,
all of a sudden in I get pulled from I think woodshop-two officers. They told me they wernt going to cuff me. But then they did. Read me my rights. I lied and said I understood. It wasn't just that I didn't know no was an option. The sentences themselves sounded like some alien language. I was still trying to understand what the first one meant, when 4 more followed. The total processing time at juvy was an hour. In searched, stripped, showered cold with no soap, set in room, released. I was given a self disclosure form to fill out. I lied; I didn't understand the form, it's origions, or its use: plus telling the truth would have ratted out my mom on a range of other issues and since society says obey your parents ...and parents say dont do something or your going to be dead like so and so.
Real nasty clan.
--------------------------------------

anyhoo... it was cool though, I got to pick up garbage. It was supposed to be for 2 days, but they only let me do it for one. Everyone else on the crew was very happy about this. But not me. I still flinch when I see checks-and double check every line. Luckily, there is Visa.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:41 pm

good luck dave...

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:43 pm

Not yet, as I'm starting to figure out a way to say my opinion without getting blasted with NT fear :P I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes, so I would say my opinion then apologize because I don't want to offend people :/