Have you ever been treated like other autistic people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

I hated it when people made autism generalizations about me; when my guidance counselor in grade 11, who was also our head chaperone on the trip to Europe, found out I had AS he told the rest of my group I had it... which could be understandable but he didn't know my situation! He never asked or anything. He also was talking to the woman behind the counter about me when I seemed a little nervous and she was really nice, asked if I wanted to get on first or if I was afraid of flying or if I ould prefer a window seat or whatever... but I really wasn't nervous about anything sensory; it was the social anxiety again! I remember when I was assigned to a bulkhead seat on the way back and I thought it was just an accident (we all moved around anyway because people wanted to sit with their friends)... but I read later that autistics might prefer bulkhead seats for extra room... but I didn't like putting my stuff out of my sight, in the bin behind me rather than above me, and not being able to put it under the seat in front of me instead... I wonder if that seating arrangement was on purpose?