Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 5:27 pm

I do not like the feel of anything on my hands, wrists or around my neck. I do have pierced ears but they don't rub on my skin.
I went to a blessing way two days ago and have a string on my wrist I am suppose to wear until my friends baby is born and it totally annoying me. I have the same reaction to bandaids too.
Is this normal for asperger's?

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

Last edited by sufi on 15 Jan 2008, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 5:32 pm

I like to look at some jewelry that people wear but when I have jewelry on, I don't like the feeling. Maybe a line of jewelry with one purpose, a stimmy toy that you wear, would be nice.

I don't wear make up either. It's too weird.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 5:36 pm

The main reason I can't wear jewelery is that I'm incapable of not fiddling with it. I tug on necklaces until they break when I'm stressed. Rings go off and on and off and on my finger, and eventually get left somewhere. Watches I like to turn over and over and over, which breaks them.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 6:04 pm

I'm not too keen on jewellery, cheap metals always bring me up in a rash and I'm never comfortable with things dangling or tied to me.

That said, I do like to wear some silver on special occasions especially earrings.

ps1r3n
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jan 2008, 6:08 pm

I do wear some jewellery but I can't wear anything on my left arm or hand (so that's getting married out of the window). I tend to fiddle with it all the time though, especially rings. And my necklaces invariably end up hooked on my chin whilst sticking my chin out (attractive no?). God, I never even thought about all these little quirky things till I came on here, no wonder my mum is constantly on at me for fidgeting. I'll catch her eye sometimes watching me and she says 'what ARE you doing??'. Wow, I'm starting to realise how I must look to other people sometimes.

ps1r3n

15 Jan 2008, 6:10 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
The main reason I can't wear jewelery is that I'm incapable of not fiddling with it. I tug on necklaces until they break when I'm stressed. Rings go off and on and off and on my finger, and eventually get left somewhere. Watches I like to turn over and over and over, which breaks them.

I hear ya, but I still wear it. I'm now wondering what I'd fiddle with if I didn't wear jewellery. Perhaps it's a good job I do.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Jan 2008, 6:28 pm

i love wearing it, the more the better :lol:

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2008, 6:51 pm

I was never really a big fan of it myself. I had a few rings and a bracelet but I hardly wore it. It doesn't bother me, I just can't get into the jewelry mode. The only thing that I wear is a watch everyday. When I graduated from Junior High and even High School I would wear my school ring for a period but eventually I stopped that.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 7:02 pm

Family Jewels topic

Same earrings for years(tiny hoops), one ring(because I have children, not marriage) and one watch when I go out. No more. Minimalism is best. Most of the other dangly stuff is annoyingly irritating and in the way. I must have a watch as I am very time conscious.

If you like it, wear it.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 7:02 pm

I hate wearing jewerly either, its a sensory thing for me, only wear a necklace with a cross near my heart.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 7:12 pm

I like necklaces, but they have to be light...chokers that don't choke...anything longer and it winds up in my mouth...

I have a short necklace of Czech glass beads and a ring I have worn since 3rd grade so I can tell which way is left faster.

I used to have a tendancy to wear the same necklace every day till it fell off...but it made my neck discolored.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 7:13 pm

I don't wear any around my neck feels like I going to choke or I want to rip it off and start screaming.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 7:28 pm

I can't ever wear watches...and if I ever wear bracelets I will inevitably chew them to bits....in girl scouts we made these leather bracelets....I literally ate mine.

I got a fancy enamel bracelet for christmas once and within a day I had peeled off all the enamel...i didn't wear it, but kept it in my pocket....and destroyed it....

I chew on my "lefty" ring, but the ring has proven indestructable.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 9:39 pm

Other than my glasses, the only accessories I ever wear are (occasionally) a bandana like the fictional character in my avatar, and a bracelet made of embroidery floss. I rarely take the bracelet off, though. For me, it's having to feel the metal up against my skin. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to get a medic-alert bracelet pretty soon, so that'll take a while to get used to wearing. :cry:

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2008, 10:12 pm

I don't know if this is normal for aspies but I don't wear any unnecessary accessories.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2008, 3:06 am

I can't wear any jewelery or a watch or anything like that either. It's just uncomfortable and distracting, which I guess is based in sensory issues as well.

I do wear glasses, but I literally have to try on every pair in the store before I find one I think is comfortable. Plus, I get small frames and poly lenses, that way it's super light.

I still constantly fiddle with my glasses, but as long as they're not falling off or slipping, it's ok.