Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 3:06 pm

If your head was a planet and every part of it represented an element, a state, an energy, a living creature, a color, a vibration, a sound, symbol and atmosphere - what would the terrain and environment of the Asperger's planet in your head look like?

For me it would be a desert landscape, with stong winds, empty sky, no animals or people, just green sprouts pushing up in all places, but sporadically. There is a humming going on, like spherical music. It's not warm or cold, the only movement I can see is the wind moving through the leaves of the plants and the odd sand dune shifting.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 3:14 pm

I am still fairly convinced that we are all inhabiting an electron in a molecule of gum-like substance on the bottom of a giant's shoe in a larger enveloping universe.

That being said.... Mars.

dcforeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2007, 3:17 pm

For me nice and cool, mountainus and green, no traffic, very few people, virtually no urbanized area's, yet with services such as the internet readily avalible. There'd definately be many animals, the sky would be overcast with blue patches. Pretty much every day would be like the other, and we'd all live pretty much forever.

Oh and Mr T would be publicly executed for his "I pitty the fool" catch phrase and his "Knight Elf Mohawk" WoW advert. Man WoW sucks. Oh and I'd hang william shattner for being the worlds biggest sell out.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 3:41 pm

I didn't realize it could be anything.
I'd be permanently stationed on Deep Space Nine with visits from The Enterprise about every three weeks or so.
Need my Picard/Data/Worf fix.
I'd have the Dax symbiont. Hence Jaded Dax.
And Ducat would be after me. Satan himself.
Bashir and O'Brien and I would go white water rafting in the holosuites whenever we felt like getting our shoulders disjointed.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 4:26 pm

Marvin the paranoid android wrote:
I have a brain the size of a planet...
:))

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 4:34 pm

sepia wrote:

:lol: thats the first thing i thought of too!

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2007, 5:02 pm

It would be a green sphere covered in high-tech domed cities. It would be ruled by God, and policed by angels.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 5:08 pm

Probably Pluto...but that's not even a planet anymore. :wink:

TLPG
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 5:09 pm

sepia wrote:

Marvin what does 42 mean to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, on my planet I'd have prisons for the intolerant complete with behavioural adjustment technology (well, certain fools are promoting electric shocks for us - I say tit for tat!).

Time travel (without the ability to change anything) is possible and plenty of food grows. Tempreture would be mild (about 20 degrees centigrade) and I would have andriods playing Australian Rules and providing pro wrestling entertainment.

People can come by, but they can't smoke or consume alcohol. No drugs.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 5:18 pm

DivaD wrote:
sepia wrote:

Do you remember Xorn from the X-men? He had a black hole instead of his brain :D :lol:

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 5:24 pm

Irulan wrote:
DivaD wrote:
sepia wrote:

Do you remember Xorn from the X-men? He had a black hole instead of his brain :D :lol:

i like the x-men but have to admit that i didn't know that.
i know people like that too! :lol:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 5:26 pm

sepia wrote:
Irulan wrote:
DivaD wrote:
sepia wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xorn :D

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 8:43 pm

Irulan wrote:
sepia wrote:
Irulan wrote:
DivaD wrote:
sepia wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xorn :D

shame with a name like magneto he does sound like an icecream - hardly menacing then :lol:

thanks for tha tho - i do like the x-men

y cerebral planet would be largely aquatic - due to water on the brain. or maybe marshland.

Gosmokesome
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2007, 10:36 pm

It'd be like living inside a surrealist painting. No one knows anything for certain and things change constantly and unexpectedly. No one ages except when they don't expect it, sometimes dust and sand is edible sometimes it's not. A place without any constants, you'd be on a boat in the middle of the ocean fishing when you doze off and wake up in the desert under the scorching sun. Some people would hate it and I would feel at home. Like a 50 million year trip but time is fluid and the amounts of energy are changing chaotically. Sometimes you get up to walk to the fridge but it takes a hundred years and you contempt plate if it really is worth another fifty years of walking but you don't want to stop now you're only 4 feet away now.

I hope that made sense.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 11:27 pm

The land is largely intact, save for a few tidy towns and some clean cities. Quick transportation across the globe is provided by electric trains, running underground so as not to obscure the landscape, and all compartments are luxurious.

There is no money. There is no poverty. People live for the sake of life, not to acquire more and more. Every day is a celebration of the miracle of life, and no one is afraid to express themselves for fear of rejection. They are tolerant, and there is no hatred nor crime nor fighting. Everyone loves one another, and no one is afraid to show it. Life goes slow enough that people can stop to take in every sensation - anyone can stop at any moment to smell the roses. Time here has no importance.

The cities are lined with incredible artwork. Walls are adorned with all different styles of art, while diverse music plays in the streets. Large screens display fantastic theatrical productions. People read poetry and epics in the streets, drawing great crowds which become immersed in the writers' words. People's imaginations soar, and this is where they can express them for all to see.

Nature is beautiful. There are vast fields, deep forests, tall, snowy mountains, and crystal-clear lakes fed by crystal-clear streams leading to a deep blue ocean. Many people will take spiritual journeys, living off the land, occasionally meeting fellow travelers and sharing good times. The skies are always crystal, and as the sun rises and sets, beautiful patterns appear in the clouds - starting with blues and pinks, then fading into purples and oranges. The night sky is always clear, becoming a theater in which all the cosmos can be seen - constellations and nebulae and planets and galaxies - all creating a stellar light show.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2007, 2:01 am

jjstar wrote:
If your head was a planet

You mean it's not? Now you tell me. ;-)

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute