Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:07 pm

Does anyone wear a medical ID bracelet/tag/other jewellery?

Did you need it already and/or had good experiences with it?

I wondered about getting a medical ID tag for myself.

But I'm not in the US or the UK (I'm in Germany), so the company must sell to foreigners too. I have yet to find someone that sells them in Germany/Austria.

Does anyone know where I could order from abroad?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:23 pm

Sora wrote:
Does anyone wear a medical ID bracelet/tag/other jewellery?

Did you need it already and/or had good experiences with it?

I wondered about getting a medical ID tag for myself.

But I'm not in the US or the UK (I'm in Germany), so the company must sell to foreigners too. I have yet to find someone that sells them in Germany/Austria.

Does anyone know where I could order from abroad?

The BEST thing about the IDs is that the EMTs, or whatever, will LOOK for them. They HAVE to have something similar in Germany, check it out.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:33 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
The BEST thing about the IDs is that the EMTs, or whatever, will LOOK for them. They HAVE to have something similar in Germany, check it out.

I also think there ought to be medical ID jewellery available here, but I just cannot guess what it is called in German.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Apr 2008, 3:59 pm

I'm in the process of building a file on a small flash drive that tells emergency responders everything about me that is medically important. I wear it all of the time, now. I wish I'd thought of it before I had to go to hospital a few weeks ago. It may or may not have been helpful.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 6:28 pm

I wear a stainless steel medic alert bracelet with my name and 'Autistic-AS' engraved. You may order them (different varieties available) through any pharmacy in the US (& many locations abroad). Note: They're REALLY hard to take off, so plan on this being permanent so it matches your wardrobe :D . You can even buy medic id's in real silver, yellow gold, etc. Medical personnel (or equivalent) will automatically check for medic alert asap - it does matter.

Of course, you may order online and customize your information. Again, just my name & Dx is fine for me, but others may wish to have their phone #, emergency contact, doctor, etc. There are different varieties/styles - your discretion.

Ask your pharmacist (or medical provider) or simply order online from: www.IdentifyYourself.com

Or just Google 'Medic Alert ID'

In US money, since it's high quality stainless (or whatever metal of choice), they start at ~ $25 plus shipping and handling. Still well worth the invesment should you need it! I've used it. Good luck!

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:08 am

In The Netherlands they are supplied by the white cross foundation. They contain a star of life, a participant number, international alarm number and the most import medical information. For more information people can call the number and the medical file is faxed to the hospital.

They start at 25 euros for edelstahl. They are also available as watches. The yearly fee is 14 euros.

There is also a variant with the word SOS on it. They contain a paper and only a one time fee, starting at 20 euros.

The dutch word is 'alarmpenning' or 'SOS talisman'. Maybe you can derive the german word for it?

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 8:26 am

Sora,
try ebay.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 11:01 am

i wouldnt wear one since they are not easy to get off..never been wearing even military tags

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/