What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 7 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2010, 9:43 pm

I'm not impressed with the test, it seems that even if you don't have a clue what your emotions are but don't care you score about average. My score was 94 on this test, on an other one I was 83

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 12:08 am

I got 93. I don't think the test was very accurate, as it was very broad. Of course, if it was about 500 more questions, maybe it would be a bit more accurate. I would probably just get bored and confused after answering that many questions with the same wording lol.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Spam-I-Am
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2010, 7:04 pm

This was an Emotional Intelligence Test, not a Social Intelligence Test. These two things are a little bit different.

Anyways, I got a 104, which is in the average range. I can identify the feelings of others, but I have never really been able to apply this kind of knowledge in a social context. It was always easier just to ignore these vibes I get from people because I never knew how to respond to them. My Social Intelligence is probably closer to 70. I am still smart though, and for the past few years I have been figuring out how to interact socially through memorization. Hopefully in the near future, I can pass for someone who is normal. :)

code-e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2010, 1:55 pm

lol

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2010, 2:01 pm

Your score = 105

Simply put, we need to learn to recognize and label our feelings and needs, reconcile them with our long-term goals and with the needs and feelings of other people involved. And we need to cultivate the ability to identify ways of meeting our goals and needs and to soothe our own feelings. Then, we need to motivate ourselves and mobilize all our internal (energy, effort, discipline, perseverance, resilience) as well as external resources (building social networks through effective communication, social insight, empathy, reading other's emotions, setting boundaries).

Bold part=Disagreed with it.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:12 pm

97. I've learn't alot relating to emotional awareness in myself, and somewhat in others, but can improve.

My biggest barrier is my slow processing time with emotions.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:22 pm

78 and no, I don't have any potential in the first place.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:47 pm

91... meh.

This is little better than a Facebook quiz, really. The questions aren't coherent enough--they're measuring a bunch of different things simultaneously, and trying to smoosh it all into one number.

But then, that's true of IQ tests, too.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

I got 89. This test doesn't measure emotional intelligence. Too many questions are about emotional adjustment, not emotional awareness or interpersonal skills. It's impossible to get a score over 100 if you have depression or anxiety and answer the questions honestly.

Caper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2011, 12:27 pm

Everybody is upset at getting scores below 100, but mine was 25... :?
Then again, I think the questions were more about self worth etc. than emotional intelligence, but I am quite socially unaware and I think I must be somewhere on the autistic spectrum, so the results could be accurate... :(

proxybear
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 12:32 pm

I scored 55, which is probably the result of me scoring most of the questions "somewhat true/false" simply because most questions very awfully vague, and could apply both ways.

I don't see how 10 vague questions can score your EIQ, thus concluding the fact that the test is utter rubbish.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:40 pm

I scored 25.

Also took the longer quiz. Seems to me it would be more accurate since there are ten times as many questions. I got:

Subscale IQ score = 55
Subscale percentile = 0.13

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2011, 2:56 pm

I *HATED* this test... first time I took it I got in the 20's.... but the second time I took it [and printed out the results] I scored a 57, which puts me in the .26 percentile. I know I am 'messed up' but having it quantified like that is a real slap in the face. >sigh< :( My NT husband, former Army Sgt. and retired police officer got a 90 on it. He also hated the test.

Superfly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2011, 3:43 pm

I did the longer test, and scored 66 (subscale % 1) 8O 8O 8O

Damn, I thought I was doing very well, and answering the questions with the "right" answers rather than the "what I would feel" answers ... I have Social Phobia so I would probably feel panicky at the thought of a date rather than excitement. But I assumed excitement would be the intelligent choice.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:10 pm

KristaMeth wrote:
94. Test is BS. I hate the way those things are worded, and such few options are given. I can tell what they want to know from the question, but they never give me the right answer to tell them what they want to know. Flawed piece of crap.

Aye! I had to settle for the least bad choice on 1/3 or more of the questions.

81 (10th percentile)

They kind of have a point, in that I believe I can do better at emotional stuff than I have. Before the events that led to my diagnosis, though, I would have had higher self-confidence, and might have scored even lower.

I'd love to see a geographic breakdown of the results.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:24 pm

55. This seemed more like some sort of a depression quiz to me. If this were an actual social intelligence quiz, my score would be much lower than that.

Last edited by SammichEater on 15 May 2011, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.