What's your social intelligence IQ? (link to quiz included)

Page 8 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:28 pm

I got 59.

proxybear
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 4:48 pm

I missed the fact that there was a longer and better test, which wasn't as vague. I thought it was some kind of "pay to get tested" test at first.

I found it quite accurate and I still got 72 out of 155. I was completely sure that I scored very well on the ones relating to the persons (how they felt), and I might just done that and done awful on the rest?

"According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others."

Didn't come as a shocker though.

Superfly wrote:
Damn, I thought I was doing very well, and answering the questions with the "right" answers rather than the "what I would feel" answers ... I have Social Phobia so I would probably feel panicky at the thought of a date rather than excitement. But I assumed excitement would be the intelligent choice.
I thought others would feel nervous, and here I thought I wasn't awful at understanding others in simple situations :lol:

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:56 pm

19. Seriously?

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 4:59 pm

I scored 63, which puts me in the bottom 1% of the population. No real surprise there.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 5:37 pm

I 'honestly' took this test and earned 106. Surprisingly, I ordered the report and my "emotional ability" score was something like 128. 8O I don't think that index score was normed looking at other people's results online, though, so that score is pretty much meaningless for comparing to my peers.

Anyways, in my opinion, it's pretty obvious what this test is looking for considering my knowledge of "emotional intelligence" tenets, so I could easily get 130+ if I wanted to.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 5:41 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
19. Seriously?

:lol:

With an SD of 15, that means your score is ... oh... at least 5 standard deviations below the mean. I don't think there exists enough people in this world for that to even be a statistical possibility. 8O

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:08 pm

Why is mine so low next to everyone else's?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:35 pm

Cash__ wrote:

I didn't like the short test, so I took the longer one which follows. It's free, too. The short one had a smaller scale, so lower scores in absolute terms.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:08 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

I didn't like the short test, so I took the longer one which follows. It's free, too. The short one had a smaller scale, so lower scores in absolute terms.

I took the longer test and it moved me up to a 28. It says the following:
"You seem to be lacking in most, if not all of the skills that can help you identify, perceive and express emotions in yourself and others. This can, if it hasn't already, hinder your ability to read others, to understand how they feel, and to effectively identify your own emotions. Lacking these skills could mean that you are unable to relate to others and may sometimes even question why you yourself behave the way you do."

That does describe me pretty darn good. I guess I am emtionally challenged. Whatever.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:17 pm

On the plus side, I did discredit their theory (or at least made an exception too) They are claiming, 'even if your IQ is above average, you need a high emtional IQ to be successful.'

Well I have a piss poor emotional IQ but I am actually quite successful in my chosen field. Shows what they know.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 11:37 pm

Cash__ wrote:
On the plus side, I did discredit their theory (or at least made an exception too) They are claiming, 'even if your IQ is above average, you need a high emtional IQ to be successful.'

Well I have a piss poor emotional IQ but I am actually quite successful in my chosen field. Shows what they know.

And my emotional IQ was rather high and my IQ is substantially above average, but I'm doing quite poorly in my field and people critical to success in my field tend to dislike me. I'm hoping I can fix it, though, whatever it is. :lol: (I'm suspecting possibly severe memory deficits so I'm getting memory tested.)

kepheru
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2011, 6:36 am

Edit: On the short test.

Took the long test before at some point but forget my score, but the result was a relatively low one.

Last edited by kepheru on 18 May 2011, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 6:57 am

Short test: 67

Dinna think I can be jiggered with a long test right now.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:10 am

Short test: 27 D:

I'm not 100% sure it's accurate because only about half of the description applied to me.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:32 am

Short test: 35

Long test: Subscale IQ score = 70, Subscale percentile = 2

"your emotional intelligence is very poor"

Bah, I thought I would do better on the second try. First was 87 / 19, somewhat poor, 3 months ago. I wonder what might have caused this setback. 8O

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 7:59 am

Gosh, 55 from just ten questions. That means I scored more than five points per answer - must be good.

Or, did I miss the point?