Have you been flattered/insulted by wierd things?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 1:39 pm

'You're weird'

I get told that by almost every person that gets to know me for more than a day or two... aka enough for them to realize the awkwardness is constant and not an act.

Its always said with a smile and that sort of flatters me. I joke back with them telling them that its better to be the black sheep than to just be part of the flock :P

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 12:26 am

Shelby wrote:
I'm not sure why it is. I read that most NTs tune out when a death toll reaches a certain number, so 6 million means nothing to them but they will donate thousands to help a puppy stranded in a flood. Maybe us Aspies can tune in a little better.

That's funny, I'm just the opposite...the higher the death toll, the more it effects me personally. Oklahoma City Bombing - 167 people; oh boo hoo! Some one once even called me an insensitive bastard for saying that, and I didn't mind one bit!

It's when the death toll reaches over a thousand people in any event, then I consider it to be a tragedy. For instance, the Titanic sinking and 9/11...those were tragedies, not those piddly little bombings where less then a hundred people get killed...

No...actually, there was one small thing that really made me sick...several years ago in the UK, a madman broke into a school and killed 11 kindergarten-aged children, then himself. When a tragedy involves mostly children that had barely begun to live...that's what I save my tears for.

Strange, I know...but I feel flattered when people say that I have a weird sense of judgment on what's a tragedy and what's not...

Reyairia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2008, 8:37 am

Some called me "snake eyes" (I have a very yellow-green eye color) once when I accidently hit a girl in 5th grade.
Considering that I was in a Catholic school at the time, it probably went further than just insulting my eye color.
However, I know it was offense, but it felt like a compliment since I've always liked reptiles... (I'm obsessed witht he image of the dragon)

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 9:02 pm

I don't like when people call me "honey." I find it a put down.