Fight back 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Get with the program and pretend 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Do nothing 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 12:12 pm

peg who is an independant thinker and questions authority.

peg who goes against the social norm.

peg who may question too much.

peg who may be forward thinkers.

isolate targets through personality profiling by deeming them not up to par with social correctness therefore making their lives harder.

Discriminate. Personalities are not shielded under anti-discrimination laws.

The truth is, people with aspergers aren't with the corporate program. Corporations do not enjoy creative types nor do they enjoy those who question.

This is just merely a plot to earn more money. Drug companies, GE and other niche gold diggers profiting off of a disease that isn't real but fabricated to lead people to think that if you have aspergers it's all your fault for being so different and so difficult.

Now you have a choice. What do you do?

Mr_e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 12:23 pm

Seeing as none of the poll options make any sense, even in regards to the following post, I guess I'm going to do my own thing :)

Aspergers is just as much a real, documented disorder as autism is. It's called a spectrum for a reason. It is not a fabrication used to make money. I agree with your opinions on the corporate mentality, but the whole "Aspergers is a sham" argument just seems rather non sequitur from that point. As for drug companies... there is far more money to be made in prolonging already-existing diseases than in inventing new ones.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 12:28 pm

There is money to be made by making people feel as though they are defects and diseased. Society also likes to make creative types and intellectuals lives harder with corporate take over. Music is boring now because it's corporate owned. Creative types aren't good with set formats.

The rules of monopoly no longer apply and meanings of words have been skewed to alter people's perception on reality to focus emphasis on a new twist on what is real vs. what is fabricated.

Diversity is lacking. Illusion covers it up.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 1:18 pm

Reality programming department topic

Asperger's is not real? 8O :x

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 1:58 pm

I'll file this under "U" for 'un-informed'. We get these messages from time to time, asking whether we're ashamed to be pretending, and so on ...
Obviously you haven't done much research, or perhaps you've been too busy reading your latest fashion magazines to look up Autism and AS.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 4:04 pm

AS is very real. It may be grossly misdiagnosed, it may possibly over-diagnosed, but the people who actually suffer from the condition know just how real it is.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 4:14 pm

Aspergers is very real.
Some people who act very odd in public could be Aspies themselves,
and not even know it, or be closet Aspies.