Feelings of invisible people around you

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

tomadao
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2008, 8:37 am

When I'm alone, I often feel a strange thing, like if "invisible" people are around me, pursuing me wherever I go, watching me and making fun of me. It's a strong feeling. I cannot do certain things anymore, because I always have the sensation that I'm being watched by invisible people. Also, I tend to always distrust everybody (including my parents and brother), as I feel that I'm being persecuted and impaired by other people. I have feelings of persecution even while walking on the street. I feel that everybody is looking at me.

I'm a self-diagnosed aspie, never sought a psychiatrist. But maybe I could have Paranoid Personality Disorder too. What do you think?

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2008, 9:15 am

Sounds like you are really self-conscious about something. Might border on a paranoia, I would talk to someone trained about it. With the trusting people thing, I find that difficult at times too, find the reasons, if you can't find one then it might be a over-reaction from you. If you find something concrete that would make you distrustful then maybe you have a right.

Still though, talk to someone trained about it. I am not even close to being a professional. You need to gauge the intent of these "invisible people" are they just following you around? You might just be really nervous about something. If they want to hurt you or start to scare you get help right away, (if you are on meds, it might be one of those "less than pleasant" side effects.)

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 9:34 am

I always feel like people are staring at me, waiting for me to do something stupid so they can laugh. It's a leftover side effect of middle school . . . which happened over 10 years ago now . . .

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"