Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RRguy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

I think my 18 year old friend is an aspie. Every day when im on the bus with him all he ever talks about is metal bands and every single day he asks me the smae question if ive heard of a certain band( Have you heard of .......or......?). Then I hear him talk for 20 minites about the bands different albums and members and when he talks, he never make eye contact. He talks very quietly, he almost sounds like hes whining. He has very awkward posture. he walks very stiffly always with his head down. when he nods at someone, his whole body looks like it shaking. When he smiles , his mouth looks all crooked. He has very odd quirks. for example, when were on the bus, he shows everybody his latest issue of revolver or rolling stone magazine by lifting it up, and he only brings his cd player to school with him on "special occasions", and then when im on the bus he offers me to listen to it only about 90000 times. The only clothing he ever wears are old hand me down shirts. ive never seen him wear anything else.
He is also overy nice and overly passive. He is always saying thank you, even when i am constructively-criticizing him. he used to say thank you to me when he left the bus. I have never seen him defend himself or say anything bad to anybody, maybe hes afraid. He never touches or kisses or even dates his girlfriend. He waves at me whenever i see him.

Dont get me wrong, i like him alot and hes the nicest person ive met. i dont mean to sound like im dissin him or makin fun of him cause im an aspie, but he is so wierd. i know some of you will be sending replys telling me not to be so judgemental or that im a being rude. Its just that all of his traits are kinda repulsive to a guy, and i really dont want people to see me the way i see him. My looking at him him, i dont want it to be like seeing myself in th mirror. I wish there was a way i could help him.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:40 pm

Do you think he would like to know of his possible AS?

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2008, 3:41 pm

Yup. All signs point to Aspie. All I can say is, be proud to be his friend. It's difficult for us these days to make friends.

Just remind him that not everyone is into The Rolling Stones. And when he talks about it, it drives people nuts.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 4:02 pm

Are you saying that you like him but are worried that other people may look down on you for being friends with him?( I maybe projecting, becaaue this happened a lot to me as a kid.) I know there were several guys who seemed to like me but as soon as their friends started teasing them about being my friends...they disappeared? I guess it would have been nice if they had had the self-confidence to "not care" what others thaught of them but peer pressure can be pretty intense and many people not only tease the "weirdo" but anyone kind enough to hang out with them. Sad world.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/