Do you perceive the world around you as friendly ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 5:36 pm

This has probably as much to do with the effects of positive or negative thinking.I've
realised that for most of my life I've had an underlying,almost imperceptible,feeling of a
vague threat from everything whether it's people or inanimate objects.
I think it goes back to when I was bullied at school.As soon as I left the house I felt as if
the very ground beneath me became a threat,so much so that I was reluctant to allow my
legs to connect properly with the ground.Instead I would almost attempt to float over it
(hence my cultivation of a funny walk in those days :) )
It's occured to me that elements of this negative way of thinking still remain so now I'm
trying to think more positively.The ground will now be my friend even if I have trouble
finding real people to follow suit !

AlteredEgo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

I'm glad that you're trying to put yourself in a more positive place!

I've always thought of myself as an optimist/positive thinker.
Even so I can definately identify with you.
I still feel that way a lot, although it's much more easier to control.
I think I still might even walk a little weird.

Viola
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 6:09 pm

Ummm, yes, things, expecially people are generally threatening. Books, and computers (especially Apples) and musical instruments are always friendly in my mind, though.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 7:22 pm

Usually, I do. There were a few people I considered threatening, but they were true bullies. I am as wary of those who are overly friendly. I have had people treat me in a superficially friendly manner in the past.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

I percieve the world as threatning. The more removed I am from the surrounding people, however, the safer and more comfortable I tend to feel. That's why I like public places like malls over my school.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

15 Apr 2008, 7:27 pm

Not necessarily, but not threatening either most of the time. Stay in a condition yellow, that is relaxed but aware of your surroundings. Anyone asking for money or cigarettes may be assessing how soft of a target you are. The answer is always NO! Even if they just saw you smoking or putting money in your pocket, the answer is always NO! Stare through them like you would look at an old piece of gum on the ground. :)

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2008, 7:33 pm

um....not really

My friends are friendly to me (they have to be, lol) but everything else is horrible. I am scared to go out because of all the gangsters on the street, and I hate it when people come up to me asking random questions...

So no! The world is actually one big horrible place, and I don't like it at all.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Apr 2008, 7:36 pm

The world around me, I'd say was friendly, however I usually considered it during the time I was bullied. I don't remember much about it. Unfortunatly, yes I mean that, I tend to see the good in people and such I get disappointed a lot.

And I believe human being are inherently bad/evil. How that makes sense I'll never know.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 9:17 pm

I think I think positively, but I don't exactly perceive the world around me as friendly. That does not mean I have a dismal outlook, though.

I see the world around me as an intriguing and curiously delightful place - full of beauty in strange places and puzzling phenomena with surprising explanations - all resting upon an intricate balance of chaos and order - chaos in order, order in chaos, and so on into infinite rational absurdity.

So . . . no, "friendly" is not the word I would choose. Fortunately, inquiry and discovery bring me more happiness than friendliness.