Anyone who actually loved for affection too much as a child?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

brat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2008, 1:05 am

I'm not sure if that was a good way of expaning this. Ok, when I was a kid I'd sit in anyone's lap my dad's friends, mom's friends, complete strangers (keep in mind I was probably 6 or younger), now I'm in a relationship and I don't mind hugs and kisses, I'm a cuddler too. I really don't like how huggy his family is. I guess I just don't like when someone I'm not expecting a hug from comes up and throws their arms around me, It makes me jump everytime.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 6:44 am

brat wrote:
I'm not sure if that was a good way of expaning this. Ok, when I was a kid I'd sit in anyone's lap my dad's friends, mom's friends, complete strangers (keep in mind I was probably 6 or younger), now I'm in a relationship and I don't mind hugs and kisses, I'm a cuddler too. I really don't like how huggy his family is. I guess I just don't like when someone I'm not expecting a hug from comes up and throws their arms around me, It makes me jump everytime.

I'm not understanding what the problem is. Do you like hugs or not? :?:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 7:41 am

As a child I liked being admired and praised by adults in such a high degree that I started to feel an aversion to someone whose only fault consisted in not paying attention to me when he had met me. But I HATED kissing and cuddling - I was dying to be free every time someone wanted to have me on his lap and all the members of my family were being trained I was untouchable. Attempts to kiss me were forbidden like touching nuclear wastes or taking photos on the premises of a military unit.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 8:42 am

As a child I loved cuddles, but only from my mom grandfather and kitties. If someone else tried to hug or cuddle me, I would automatially cring. Today the only people I hug freely is my grandfather, fiancee and animals, I cring with anyone else. I also don't like hugging in public. could be my AS or my pride, I had to toughen up while growing up because I was picked on A LOT, and I eventally began to have the reputaion of haveing a heart that was half stone.

I would love to be able to be more affectionate, but it's not something I can just 'turn on' like pushing a button, so in a way I envy NTs.

Oh and Irulan? I LOVE your avatar!!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 8:56 am

Chibi_Neko wrote:

Oh and Irulan? I LOVE your avatar!!

But I'm going to change it in few posts - I change it every time I have written the next 100 posts on principle. I like your avatar as well :D I like cats.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:11 am

I love hugs and kisses.

brat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2008, 10:54 am

slowmutant wrote:
I'm not understanding what the problem is. Do you like hugs or not? :?:

sometimes like when I'm expecting them I don't mind them, but when they come as a suprise I don't like them at all

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2008, 9:07 pm

As a child I always wanted to sit on my mom's lap a lot. I always wanted lots of hugs.. And In recent times with my last girlfriend I always wanted her to kiss me a lot and hug me, I always wanted her to hold me in her lap (I know it's usually the other way around but Im not a huge guy and don't weigh much). Im kind of a big baby. I am NT however, so my response may be less relevant.

Last edited by kid020 on 04 Apr 2008, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:08 pm

As a child I was usually more averse to physical contact, even from my parents and siblings.