Page 6 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 7:16 am

German descendant

Pretty sure it's German only for a few hundred years, yeah.

In both sides of my family runs flaming red hair!

Scarlet_N
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2008, 7:21 am

Martymoose,

I hadn't heard that about CS and Scandinavian heritage. My sister has CS so I guess if that theory is true we may have some Scandinavian.

JYossarian
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2008, 7:26 am

Vietnamese/Chinese mix

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 7:40 am

It seems we have very few, almost no persons of colour in our ranks.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 6:26 pm

Austrian
Swedish
Danish
Sami
Spanish
English
+++

I'm frequently told that I look south-eastern european.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2008, 6:50 pm

English/Ukranian/Irish

Mothers family irish descendents
Fathers family Ukranian descendents.

Evidently I have a Ukranian look, large flat ears with Irish blue eyes.

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 6:50 pm

I'm doubtful of this kind of analysis, but I'll contribute anyway. All my grandparents were/are Jewish. One is Sephardic Jewish (Ladino-speaking, from Turkey). The others are Ashkenazi Jews, from Austria, Romania, and Germany.

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2008, 7:48 pm

i'm spanihs(spain) as far i knovv.
but i discovered my first surname comes from the jevv or hebrevv, so ..
that's from paternal side, and then from maternal side my heritage it can be related somehovv vvith the ancestry colonization of the british on the 18th century on the spanish island i vvas bornt, so ..
summary , mainly i'm spanihs(spain). parents and grandparents vvere all bornt here, but vvith hebrevv and british blood maybe ... :)

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 7:56 pm

I'm a mix-blood, too.

Finnish
British
Native American (Mescalero Apache, Chickasaw and Sioux - different sides of the family)

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:02 pm

spudnik wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Averick wrote:
What are you looking for MartyMoose?
I'm wondering if it comes from a certian ethnic group. Like Cystic Fibrosis found in scandinavians. Scientist believe that cystic fibrosis had an evolutionary advantage in the cold weather. Or sickle cell found all over the world in Greece, parts of Africa, India and other places with alot of maleria. Sickle cell protects against malaria. Or red hair Coming from descendents of vikings who invaded parts of Europe.

actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond
I am getting curious, I see there are a few people who have Native American blood in their ancestry, like me, are there any full blooded natives who are Aspies, or does anybody know of any?

I'm no genealogy/anthro expert, but I remember reading somewhere that the Visigoths (pre-date the Celts) had predominantly red hair.

As to your question about Native Americans with AS, I don't know of any personally, but a lot of standard AS personality traits are considered 'normal' behavior in Native American society.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:20 pm

On my Dad's side, practically 100% French Canadian. (We're from the Audet-LaPointe bloodline)

And on my Mother's side, a mix of German, Cherokee, Scottish and Dutch. (Johnson and Ballard)

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:30 pm

JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Only the second person with no germanic ancestry
By germanic I mean all areas settled by germanic tribes. (Western and northern Europe)

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:38 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

By germanic I mean all areas settled by germanic tribes. (Western and northern Europe)

Interesting. However, again many 'standard' AS personality traits may be the accepted 'norm' in Asian society. Asians may not be checking for the syndrome, either, and with their high-intellect/tech-based society, I can't figure them seeing AS as an aberration, either.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:40 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Interesting. However, again many 'standard' AS personality traits may be the accepted 'norm' in Asian society. Asians may not be checking for the syndrome, either, and with their high-intellect/tech-based society, I can't figure them seeing AS as an aberration, either.

Not forgetting that most English-speaking people are of caucasian origin.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:42 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
spudnik wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Averick wrote:
What are you looking for MartyMoose?
I'm wondering if it comes from a certian ethnic group. Like Cystic Fibrosis found in scandinavians. Scientist believe that cystic fibrosis had an evolutionary advantage in the cold weather. Or sickle cell found all over the world in Greece, parts of Africa, India and other places with alot of maleria. Sickle cell protects against malaria. Or red hair Coming from descendents of vikings who invaded parts of Europe.

actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond
I am getting curious, I see there are a few people who have Native American blood in their ancestry, like me, are there any full blooded natives who are Aspies, or does anybody know of any?

I'm no genealogy/anthro expert, but I remember reading somewhere that the Visigoths (pre-date the Celts) had predominantly red hair.

As to your question about Native Americans with AS, I don't know of any personally, but a lot of standard AS personality traits are considered 'normal' behavior in Native American society.

Well it depends on tribe and nation as well. Navajo are different Cherokee in many ways.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:43 pm

zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Not forgetting that most English-speaking people are of caucasian origin.

Very true.

Also, many Native Americans dispute this, but anthropologists believe (with good reason) that they actually emigrated here from Mongolia and China. I think that might be why a caucasian/native American mix may cause AS to appear, as well.