05 Apr 2008, 8:46 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Only the second person with no germanic ancestry
By germanic I mean all areas settled by germanic tribes. (Western and northern Europe)

Interesting. However, again many 'standard' AS personality traits may be the accepted 'norm' in Asian society. Asians may not be checking for the syndrome, either, and with their high-intellect/tech-based society, I can't figure them seeing AS as an aberration, either.

Not forgetting that most English-speaking people are of caucasian origin.

Very true.

Also, many Native Americans dispute this, but anthropologists believe (with good reason) that they actually emigrated here from Mongolia and China. I think that might be why a caucasian/native American mix may cause AS to appear, as well.

I don't think AS is a caucasian condition, I meant that most of the people on this site are English-speakers and therefore more likely to be caucasian. I'm sure there are Asian people with AS, we just don't know about them.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:49 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

By germanic I mean all areas settled by germanic tribes. (Western and northern Europe)

Interesting. However, again many 'standard' AS personality traits may be the accepted 'norm' in Asian society. Asians may not be checking for the syndrome, either, and with their high-intellect/tech-based society, I can't figure them seeing AS as an aberration, either.

Very true.

Also, many Native Americans dispute this, but anthropologists believe (with good reason) that they actually emigrated here from Mongolia and China. I think that might be why a caucasian/native American mix may cause AS to appear, as well.

*Deleted*

Last edited by JerryHatake on 05 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:49 pm

Honky
Bukra
Ofay
h'wite
Gweilo
Gaijin
d'jimmi
auslander
yank
rebel scum...;)
ami (German...WWII)
Ferengi (Indian...no lie..;)
and painfully white..;)

Scot, English, French...and that's about it. Jewish, through Noah...;)

Last edited by pakled on 05 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:50 pm

zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

AND most caucasions probably have SOME german ties, and it is one of the biggest groups in Britain and America. The very language we are communicating in NOW is considered GERMANIC! A lot of people may hate the germans(I don't), but go far enough back, and you can probably find it in your ancestry, unless you are MAYBE asian, MAYBE black, MAYBE some arabs. Even with the arabs though. The germans and scandinavians were very close, and the scandinavians populated russia.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:55 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

AND most caucasions probably have SOME german ties, and it is one of the biggest groups in Britain and America. The very language we are communicating in NOW is considered GERMANIC! A lot of people may hate the germans(I don't), but go far enough back, and you can probably find it in your ancestry, unless you are MAYBE asian, MAYBE black, MAYBE some arabs. Even with the arabs though. The germans and scandinavians were very close, and the scandinavians populated russia.

Scandinavians ARE Germanic

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:57 pm

zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Very true.

I don't think AS is a caucasian condition, I meant that most of the people on this site are English-speakers and therefore more likely to be caucasian. I'm sure there are Asian people with AS, we just don't know about them.

Yes but I haven't yet seen anyone post who is entirely slavic or non-germanic caucasian.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:17 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
zee wrote:
Rainstorm5 wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
JYossarian wrote:
Vietnamese/Chinese mix

Scandinavians ARE Germanic

Yeah, but THIS way *I* don't say it. YEP! You figure there has GOT to be a reason why SO much of the language is obviously directly from german. Same with dutch. It IS interesting to see how close so many of the languages are.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:29 pm

Spiral153 wrote:
spudnik wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Or red hair Coming from descendents of vikings who invaded parts of Europe.

actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond

I just wanted to point out that red hair is also commonly found among Jewish populations. I once read somewhere that during World War II, in certain parts of Europe, red hair was considered a telltale sign of Jewish heritage.

NOT a very good sign! Redhair is NOT a semetic trait. Of course, the Jewish people WERE, for much of their existence, NOMADS, and ORIGINALLY "evangelists". Don't believe me? Read exodus, etc... There are LOTS of books where they do evangelistic things. AND, though they were told NOT to, they intermarried.

A good example of "telltale" that ISN'T telltale is american immigrants to the US(and probably other places) that spoke farsi, or had some other iranian trait, around 1979. They were almost ALL JEWISH! That is NOT to say that Iran is a jewish country. It ISN'T! But they were shoved out. Likewise, yiddish sounds almost like platt deutsch to some degree.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:34 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
spudnik wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
spudnik wrote:
Averick wrote:
I've read that red hair is a trait left-over from the caveman; as is AS.

I could find that study for you if you like.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hQf ... fuiEHMIXYg
it sure explains my ex wife Ogghelda

Aren't Neanderthals a sub-species that died out?

there is still some debate on wither they interbred, I thinks its possible, but there isn't any mitochondrial proof as of yet

How many Chromosomes did neanderthals have? Shouldn't the offspring have been sterile since they were hybrids?

That certainly isn't a strict rule. There ARE hybrids that can reproduce

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

starlighter wrote:
i'm spanihs(spain) as far i knovv.
but i discovered my first surname comes from the jevv or hebrevv, so ..
that's from paternal side, and then from maternal side my heritage it can be related somehovv vvith the ancestry colonization of the british on the 18th century on the spanish island i vvas bornt, so ..
summary , mainly i'm spanihs(spain). parents and grandparents vvere all bornt here, but vvith hebrevv and british blood maybe ... :)

WOW! Is the W key broken on your keyboard?!?!?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

British
French

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 11:22 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
NOT a very good sign! Redhair is NOT a semetic trait. Of course, the Jewish people WERE, for much of their existence, NOMADS, and ORIGINALLY "evangelists". Don't believe me? Read exodus, etc... There are LOTS of books where they do evangelistic things. AND, though they were told NOT to, they intermarried.

A good example of "telltale" that ISN'T telltale is american immigrants to the US(and probably other places) that spoke farsi, or had some other iranian trait, around 1979. They were almost ALL JEWISH! That is NOT to say that Iran is a jewish country. It ISN'T! But they were shoved out. Likewise, yiddish sounds almost like platt deutsch to some degree.

I agree that the whole intermarriage thing sort of makes this whole exercise pointless. This assumes that there was ever a time of "true racial purity", and there was not. Your example of Jewish people kind of proves the point, since many different ethnicities exist within the category. I'd guess that those Iranian Jews would probably identify as Mizrahim or Sephardim, not Ashkenazi.

Not in response to anyone in particular, but I'd also point out that socio-economic status can influence whether someone gets diagnosed with AS or not, especially when there are so many inequities in educational resources. Autism is not exclusively a "Caucasian" thing; in fact "Caucasion" is a pretty bogus term. People in Europe often use it to refer to people from a very specific region, not all of Europe.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:31 am

Darn! Wish I knew!

Puertorican and that's all I know...

(I asked my grandfather years ago because everyone in the US kept telling me I didn't look puertorican...poor thing, as I kept mentioning his mother, grandmother, etc...he just kept saying "puertorican as far as I know..." hehe by the way, all those puertoricans in his family, as well as my dad's side of the family are white/blonde hair or light colored hair/blue eyes...have a feeling there's more to that story...)

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:32 am

If autism, or asperger's, or both, are actually genetic in origin, like most everybody believes, it wouldn't be surprising if they differed in frequency between different human populations.

There are a lot of confusing factors, like invasions, and intermarriages, and access to mental health industry scoundrels, fools, and charlatans, but nonetheless, I think it's an interesting question.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

TheLadyMary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2008, 2:34 am

Irish, Scots, German, French, English, Italian...

I look Irish though.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:45 am

For what it's worth, I found that there is a huge number of kids with autism in Puerto Rico...

Also, just last week there was an article in the paper about the huge number of people who are of Jewish decent...and don't know it...so...there you go, for what it's worth...Most of the kids I met, sure did look very similar to me...

And contrary to popular belief, there is a very large number of the population here who is not of either Taino Indian or African decent...lots of portuguese, spanish, jewish, irish, etc...many, many strange last names here...hehe