Page 3 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:04 pm

Volga German on my dads side, from both his parents. On my moms mothers side, they were Germans from around Bremen, and moms dad was a germanic pole.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:05 pm

Averick wrote:
What are you looking for MartyMoose?
I'm wondering if it comes from a certian ethnic group. Like Cystic Fibrosis found in scandinavians. Scientist believe that cystic fibrosis had an evolutionary advantage in the cold weather. Or sickle cell found all over the world in Greece, parts of Africa, India and other places with alot of maleria. Sickle cell protects against malaria. Or red hair Coming from descendents of vikings who invaded parts of Europe.

knowmadic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2008, 7:11 pm

I have heard somewhere that it is more common amongst Northern European decedents, but that may only be because it is predominantly white people who are of the upper class and have access to diagnoses and aren't as quickly swept under the rug for not meeting expectations.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:12 pm

There does seem to be a higher prevalence among those descended from English and Northern European stock. We seem to be concentrated in England, Austrailia, and across North America.

If I'm not mistaken, Austrailia is where the British sent a lot of their "criminals" (social deviants).

- Emerson

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:13 pm

knowmadic wrote:
I have heard somewhere that it is more common amongst Northern European decedents, but that may only be because it is predominantly white people who are of the upper class and have access to diagnoses and aren't as quickly swept under the rug for not meeting expectations.
Thats a good hypothesis.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:17 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
Averick wrote:
I'm wondering if it comes from a certian ethnic group. Like Cystic Fibrosis found in scandinavians. Scientist believe that cystic fibrosis had an evolutionary advantage in the cold weather. Or sickle cell found all over the world in Greece, parts of Africa, India and other places with alot of maleria. Sickle cell protects against malaria. Or red hair Coming from descendents of vikings who invaded parts of Europe.

actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond
I am getting curious, I see there are a few people who have Native American blood in their ancestry, like me, are there any full blooded natives who are Aspies, or does anybody know of any?

Last edited by spudnik on 03 Apr 2008, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:18 pm

MrMark wrote:
There does seem to be a higher prevalence among those descended from English and Northern European stock. We seem to be concentrated in England, Austrailia, and across North America.

If I'm not mistaken, Austrailia is where the British sent a lot of their "criminals" (social deviants).

Places settled by Germanic tribes Germany, France, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, The British Isles...

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:19 pm

spudnik wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Averick wrote:

actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond

Maybe. I know Eric the Red had read hair (obviously).
Do the Basques of France have red hair?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:30 pm

my dad's family is very Czech (Bohemian)...(both grandparents on that side)..the joke is that I am a Czechsan (a play on Texan)..as alot of Czechs settled in Texas....there is a heresay rumor that ther might be a wee bit of Gypsy blood...as many from that side (myself included) are of particulary short, dark, swarthy, mildly psychic :wink: , musicaly inclined stock....

On my mom's side, it's English Irish Welsh...from upstate New York...

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:32 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
my dad's family is very Czech...(both grandparents on that side)..the joke is that I am a Czechsan (a play on Texan)..as alot of Czechs settled in Texas....there is a heresay rumor that ther might be a wee bit of Gypsy blood...as many from that side (myself included) are of particulary short, dark, swarthy, mildly psychic :wink: , musicaly inclined stock....

On my mom's side, it's English Irish Welsh...from upstate New York...

Alot of Czechs are Germanic too.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:32 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I am mostly native american, on my mothers side. On my father side, where my AS comes from, is German, Irish, and lots of other European.

What Native American Tribe?

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:33 pm

German and Italian

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:33 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I'm African-American with some American Indian ancestry.

Do you know what tribe?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Dad's side: Mostly Scots-Irish.

Mom's side: German and Cherokee.

Your Cherokee what nation? East, West, or Appalachian ?

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:36 pm

Again an unusual amount of Native Americans

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 7:37 pm

RainSong wrote:
German
Prussian (the part that's now part of Poland)
Native American (Cherokee, to be exact)
Irish
English

And then unknown. My great grandfather was illegitimate; we don't know what's from there.

Which Cherokee Nation? East, West, or Appalachian?